ComputerBanter.com

ComputerBanter.com (http://www.computerbanter.com/index.php)
-   Acer Computers (http://www.computerbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   HDMI and my ACER Aspire Notebook (http://www.computerbanter.com/showthread.php?t=160260)

Bob Fay[_2_] June 29th 10 09:35 PM

HDMI and my ACER Aspire Notebook

I have a Acer Aspire; Notebook that has a HDMI socket on the left side. Is
this an input or an output? I have ordered a cable and I am wondering what I
can use this port for. Can I play my DVD player into my computer? Can I use
this to connect my TV as a monitor? If this is possible, how do I control
it. Any advice?

Bob

Ben Myers[_2_] June 30th 10 05:10 PM

On 6/29/2010 4:35 PM, Bob Fay wrote:
I have a Acer Aspire Notebook that has a HDMI socket on the left side.
Is this an input or an output? I have ordered a cable and I am wondering
what I can use this port for. Can I play my DVD player into my computer?
Can I use this to connect my TV as a monitor? If this is possible, how
do I control it. Any advice?

Bob

Which model? What does the owner's manual say? ... Ben Myers

Bob Fay[_3_] July 1st 10 01:57 AM

HDMI and my ACER Aspire Notebook

My Acer Notebook is an Aspire 7535. The manual says little about the HDMI. I
received the cable today and connected it to my TV. The result is very good.
Beautiful monitor! I have yet to try the DVD inputting to the notebook. I am
a little nervous that I might see a puff of smoke from the key board. I will
relate the results when I get the nerve to try it.

Thanks for your response.

Bob

Steve Pearce July 1st 10 05:07 PM

HDMI and my ACER Aspire Notebook

I think the HDMI is output only, i.e. display the notebook screen on a
TV. I'm pretty sure it can't be used the other way.

Bob Fay[_3_] July 1st 10 06:10 PM

HDMI and my ACER Aspire Notebook

I tried the DVD into the Acer. Well, No Smoke and No Picture. You are right!
Thanks for the response.

Bob

HH July 15th 10 06:11 AM

HDMI and my ACER Aspire Notebook

It's an HDMI output to connect a HD display or TV. My Aspire 6930 notebook
has one in the same spot.

HH

m...