ComputerBanter.com

ComputerBanter.com (http://www.computerbanter.com/index.php)
-   Printers (http://www.computerbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   New Printer Reccomendation Wanted: Color & Quiet (http://www.computerbanter.com/showthread.php?t=112527)

Gary October 14th 06 07:14 AM

New Printer Reccomendation Wanted: Color & Quiet

I have an HP InkJet 5550 that I'm mostly happy with.

Only problem is that sometimes (like now) I wake up
in the middle of the night and work. And this thing makes
so much noise with the head going back and forth and the
paper handling, I feel like I'm waking-up the entire house.

Any decent color printers being made that are quiet.

I'd rather stick the the inexpensive ink-jets, but I suppose
a laser, if not too expensive would be ok.

Thanks,
Gary

Michael Johnson, PE October 14th 06 03:09 PM

Gary wrote:
I have an HP InkJet 5550 that I'm mostly happy with.

Only problem is that sometimes (like now) I wake up
in the middle of the night and work. And this thing makes
so much noise with the head going back and forth and the
paper handling, I feel like I'm waking-up the entire house.

Any decent color printers being made that are quiet.

I'd rather stick the the inexpensive ink-jets, but I suppose
a laser, if not too expensive would be ok.

I can't speak for other brands but most of Canon's inkjet printers have
a "night mode" that makes them nearly silent.

measekite October 14th 06 03:31 PM

New Printer Reccomendation Wanted: Color & Quiet

Canon IP4300 is quiet and can be made quieter by placing it in quiet
mode. You will loose some speed in that mode.

measekite October 14th 06 03:35 PM

Michael Johnson, PE wrote:

Gary wrote:

I have an HP InkJet 5550 that I'm mostly happy with.

Only problem is that sometimes (like now) I wake up
in the middle of the night and work. And this thing makes
so much noise with the head going back and forth and the
paper handling, I feel like I'm waking-up the entire house.

Any decent color printers being made that are quiet.

I'd rather stick the the inexpensive ink-jets, but I suppose
a laser, if not too expensive would be ok.

I can't speak for other brands but most of Canon's inkjet printers
have a "night mode" that makes them nearly silent.

That is totally false. Most canon printers have a quiet mode that can
also be used during the day in offices where noise may be a factor as well.

Tom Crooze October 15th 06 06:15 AM

New Printer Reccomendation Wanted: Color & Quiet

"Gary" wrote in message
reenews.net...

I have an HP InkJet 5550 that I'm mostly happy with.

Only problem is that sometimes (like now) I wake up
in the middle of the night and work. And this thing makes
so much noise with the head going back and forth and the
paper handling, I feel like I'm waking-up the entire house.

Any decent color printers being made that are quiet.

I'd rather stick the the inexpensive ink-jets, but I suppose
a laser, if not too expensive would be ok.

Thanks,
Gary

My ip3000 ( and current models as well I would assume ) have the Quiet Mode
which can be customised
Always use Quiet Mode
Never use Quiet Mode
or set times for Quiet Mode operation
I can tell you that when it's operational....IT'S QUIET ALRIGHT!

Gary October 16th 06 12:40 AM

New Printer Reccomendation Wanted: Color & Quiet

OK.

Thanks everyone for the replys. Very Helpful.