ComputerBanter.com

ComputerBanter.com (http://www.computerbanter.com/index.php)
-   Storage & Hardrives (http://www.computerbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Netbackup script to show totals of backed up data? (http://www.computerbanter.com/showthread.php?t=70740)

Kyle Tucker April 4th 05 04:44 PM

Netbackup script to show totals of backed up data?

Before I reinvent the wheel, does anyone have or know of a
script that would show the amounts of data being backed up
for a given period, such as all fulls and incrementals for
a week? I'm trying to spec out a new tape library. I will
use the output of the bpimagelist command and Perl, but
just wanted to see if someone already had something. TIA.

--
- Kyle

Greg Beeker April 6th 05 05:41 PM

Kyle Tucker wrote:
Before I reinvent the wheel, does anyone have or know of a
script that would show the amounts of data being backed up
for a given period, such as all fulls and incrementals for
a week? I'm trying to spec out a new tape library.

That depends on the command you are using to do tha backups.

Kyle Tucker April 6th 05 06:50 PM

In article .com,
"Greg Beeker" writes:

Before I reinvent the wheel, does anyone have or know of a
script that would show the amounts of data being backed up
for a given period, such as all fulls and incrementals for
a week? I'm trying to spec out a new tape library.

That depends on the command you are using to do tha backups.

Backups are done by Netbackup's (Veritas) automated scheduler.
These aren't manual or homegrown backups.

--
- Kyle

GG April 7th 05 04:44 AM

Before I reinvent the wheel, does anyone have or know of a
script that would show the amounts of data being backed up
for a given period, such as all fulls and incrementals for
a week? I'm trying to spec out a new tape library.

try
http://www.backupscripts.com/
http://www.eng.auburn.edu/pub/mail-lists/veritas-users/