ComputerBanter.com

ComputerBanter.com (http://www.computerbanter.com/index.php)
-   Gateway Computers (http://www.computerbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Group dead? (http://www.computerbanter.com/showthread.php?t=168932)

Frank December 5th 13 08:14 PM

Group dead?

See nothing new here for 6 months.
Been happy with GW I bought last year but are these machines just
becoming generic?

BillW50 December 8th 13 06:58 PM

Group dead?

In ,
Frank typed:
See nothing new here for 6 months.
Been happy with GW I bought last year but are these machines just
becoming generic?

I am still here Frank. I think a few of us check here a few times a
month.

--
Bill
Centrino Core2 Duo T5600 1.83GHz - 4GB - Windows XP SP2

Frank December 8th 13 08:27 PM

Group dead?

On 12/8/2013 1:58 PM, BillW50 wrote:
In ,
Frank typed:
See nothing new here for 6 months.
Been happy with GW I bought last year but are these machines just
becoming generic?

I am still here Frank. I think a few of us check here a few times a
month.

Thanks for the response.

I don't know if there are anymore specific gw issues needed to be
discussed in a gw ng but I've had gw's for over 20 years and things were
active in the past.

Frank

BillW50 December 8th 13 08:37 PM

Group dead?

In ,
Frank typed:
On 12/8/2013 1:58 PM, BillW50 wrote:
In ,
Frank typed:
See nothing new here for 6 months.
Been happy with GW I bought last year but are these machines just
becoming generic?

I am still here Frank. I think a few of us check here a few times a
month.

Thanks for the response.

I don't know if there are anymore specific gw issues needed to be
discussed in a gw ng but I've had gw's for over 20 years and things
were active in the past.

I think of it as a good thing, Frank! If Gateway users are not having
problems they need help with, then it is a good thing. ;-)

Frank December 8th 13 09:02 PM

Group dead?

On 12/8/2013 3:37 PM, BillW50 wrote:
In ,
Frank typed:
On 12/8/2013 1:58 PM, BillW50 wrote:
In ,
Frank typed:
See nothing new here for 6 months.
Been happy with GW I bought last year but are these machines just
becoming generic?

I am still here Frank. I think a few of us check here a few times a
month.

Thanks for the response.

I don't know if there are anymore specific gw issues needed to be
discussed in a gw ng but I've had gw's for over 20 years and things
were active in the past.

I think of it as a good thing, Frank! If Gateway users are not having
problems they need help with, then it is a good thing. ;-)

I suspect it is more like computers becoming generic, i.e. specific
major brands not much different.

BillW50 December 8th 13 11:07 PM

Group dead?

In ,
Frank typed:
[...]

That could be Frank. That that has been the goal of most of them. For
example on the other side of the coin, Dell tries to be like and
different at the same time. And that newsgroup is still quite activate.
Although the manufactures who don't play such games have been pretty
quite for awhile now.

[email protected] December 13th 13 02:12 AM

Group dead?

On Thursday, December 5, 2013 3:14:20 PM UTC-5, Frank wrote:
See nothing new here for 6 months.

Been happy with GW I bought last year but are these machines just

becoming generic?

Well, I just came across this group. I've got a pretty decent Gateway 2000 collection ranging from 386s to Colorbooks to Solos to odd collectibles that GW2K handed out back in the day. Also have many manuals and product advertisements that I need to scan sometime.