Search: Posts made by: Mr.E Solved!
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 27th 08, 01:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Posted By Mr.E Solved!
Vista - nvidia - clone mode bug

Shawk wrote:
Mr.E Solved! wrote:
Shawk wrote:
Mr.E Solved! wrote:
Shawk wrote:
root wrote:
Paul wrote:
Mr.E Solved! wrote:

Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 26th 08, 11:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Posted By Mr.E Solved!
Vista - nvidia - clone mode bug

root wrote:
Paul wrote:
root wrote:

There seems to be practically ziltch tech documentation for edid and
vista. It appears it enforces edid much more than XP ever did, and
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 26th 08, 11:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Posted By Mr.E Solved!
Vista - nvidia - clone mode bug

Shawk wrote:
Mr.E Solved! wrote:
Shawk wrote:
root wrote:
Paul wrote:
Mr.E Solved! wrote:

The P815 has BNC connectors, which do not use EDID data and thusly...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 26th 08, 05:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Posted By Mr.E Solved!
Vista - nvidia - clone mode bug

Shawk wrote:
root wrote:
Paul wrote:
Mr.E Solved! wrote:

The P815 has BNC connectors, which do not use EDID data and thusly
install as the default monitor and can have...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 26th 08, 08:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Posted By Mr.E Solved!
Vista - nvidia - clone mode bug

root wrote:
I have Vista SP 1, nvidia 8800GTS with 177.83 driver, and 2 monitors, the secondary being a philips 1080p hdtv on an hdmi cable from the video card. Finally I have the resolution...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 25th 08, 05:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Posted By Mr.E Solved!
Three monitor setup

Jay wrote:

I'm currently using NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS on two 19 inch Samsung monitors.
I need to get one more monitor.
Most likely it'll be a 22 inch which would then become my primary.

Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 24th 08, 09:11 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Posted By Mr.E Solved!
What is wrong with Vista and video drivers?

root wrote:
I have installed various versions of the nvidia driver for the 8800gts many times and the same problem occurs each time. If I can set the resolutions I need (not possible on all driver...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 21st 08, 04:11 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Posted By Mr.E Solved!
Forceware v177.83 + GeForce 8+ = PhysX

deimos wrote:
Mr.E Solved! wrote:
deimos wrote:
Mr.E Solved! wrote:
deimos wrote:
Mr.E Solved! wrote:
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 20th 08, 10:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Posted By Mr.E Solved!
SLI, Crossfire obsolete?

Folk wrote:
http://www.dailytech.com/Chipmaker+Hydras+Stunning+Work+May+Render+CrossFire+SLI+Obsolete/article12719.htm

In other words, buy our additional piece of hardware (and the drivers
that...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 20th 08, 01:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Posted By Mr.E Solved!
Forceware v177.83 + GeForce 8+ = PhysX

deimos wrote:
Mr.E Solved! wrote:
deimos wrote:
Mr.E Solved! wrote:
http://www.nvidia.com/content/forcewithin/us/download.asp

I've tried Nurien, Warmonger, [email protected] with success....
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 19th 08, 08:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

deimos wrote:
Mr.E Solved! wrote:
http://www.nvidia.com/content/forcewithin/us/download.asp

I've tried Nurien, Warmonger, [email protected] with success. The Fluid demo merely
fails as soon as I...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 19th 08, 03:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Posted By Mr.E Solved!
9800GT or 9800GTX Plus?

DRS wrote:
Current System:

XFX o/c 8600GTS, S939 X2 4200 @2.6Ghz (=FX61), 2G DDR400.

FX61? Nah..but you do need to get past 2.6GHz. There is no reason at all
you can't hit 2.8GHz, and if you...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 14th 08, 06:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Posted By Mr.E Solved!
Forceware v177.83 + GeForce 8+ = PhysX

http://www.nvidia.com/content/forcewithin/us/download.asp

I've tried Nurien, Warmonger, [email protected] with success. The Fluid demo merely
fails as soon as I click it, oh well. There are a few more...
Forum: Ati Videocards August 10th 08, 03:45 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Posted By Mr.E Solved!
id software's Tech 5 powered game 'RAGE' has the best-lookingreal-time visuals I've ever seen

parallax-scroll wrote:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37824.html?type=wmv

RAGE looks just completely awesome.

Two reasons why it looks so good, IMO:

1.) RAGE has a very ...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 10th 08, 03:45 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

parallax-scroll wrote:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37824.html?type=wmv

RAGE looks just completely awesome.

Two reasons why it looks so good, IMO:

1.) RAGE has a very ...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 9th 08, 05:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Posted By Mr.E Solved!
eVGA GF 9600 GT fast as the dickens

Shawk wrote:
Augustus wrote:
"johns" wrote in message
AquaMark3d benched this $120 card at...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 8th 08, 04:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video
Posted By Mr.E Solved!
Nvidia plays the meltdown blame game

First of One wrote:

So Dell and HP bitch loudly and pass the buck. The "journalists" at the Inq
then take little bits of information and spin them into FUD. And all of a
sudden it becomes a...
Forum: Ati Videocards August 8th 08, 04:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video

First of One wrote:

So Dell and HP bitch loudly and pass the buck. The "journalists" at the Inq
then take little bits of information and spin them into FUD. And all of a
sudden it becomes a...
Forum: Ati Videocards August 7th 08, 02:02 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video
Posted By Mr.E Solved!
Nvidia plays the meltdown blame game

First of One wrote:
"Faulty" isn't as cut and dry as you may think. nVidia doesn't necessarily
design the cooler in a laptop. Moreover, the GPU isn't the only
heat-producing component in the...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 7th 08, 02:02 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video

First of One wrote:
"Faulty" isn't as cut and dry as you may think. nVidia doesn't necessarily
design the cooler in a laptop. Moreover, the GPU isn't the only
heat-producing component in the...
Forum: Ati Videocards August 6th 08, 02:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video
Posted By Mr.E Solved!
Nvidia plays the meltdown blame game

First of One wrote:
The difference is that the automotive industry actually test their
prototypes. :-) Consequently the blame lies squarely with Dell and HP for
failing to do proper component...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 6th 08, 02:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video

First of One wrote:
The difference is that the automotive industry actually test their
prototypes. :-) Consequently the blame lies squarely with Dell and HP for
failing to do proper component...
Forum: Ati Videocards August 5th 08, 04:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video
Posted By Mr.E Solved!
Nvidia plays the meltdown blame game

rjn wrote:
"Mr.E Solved!" wrote:

Mobile units are under frequent hot-cold cycles and generally have
poorer cooling solutions so they run hotter so the change in temps...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 5th 08, 04:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video

rjn wrote:
"Mr.E Solved!" wrote:

Mobile units are under frequent hot-cold cycles and generally have
poorer cooling solutions so they run hotter so the change in temps...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 4th 08, 09:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Posted By Mr.E Solved!
Newsreader message filters (somewhat off topic)

Phil Weldon wrote:
I'd like the ability to killfile all THREADS begun by a particular
poster. Not just the initial post, but also all the follow-on posts in
the thread.

I currently use...