Search: Posts made by: Bob F
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 12th 17, 05:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Bob F
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO w/ 120mm PWM Fan

On 7/11/2017 2:52 PM, Flasherly wrote:
On Tue, 11 Jul 2017 17:27:22 -0400, Flasherly
wrote:

Also - it's dead quiet. The stock was of course a smaller and/or more
fan...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 18th 17, 08:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Bob F
Should Window$ & Office be confiscated by governments to becomefree tools to all?

On 6/18/2017 12:28 AM, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
On 17/6/2017 11:39 PM, Bob F wrote:

How? By buying Microsoft stock? That isn't going to work.

How about pointing guns, canons and missiles...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 17th 17, 04:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Bob F
Should Window$ & Office be confiscated by governments to becomefree tools to all?

On 6/16/2017 9:51 AM, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
On 17/6/2017 12:11 AM, Larc wrote:
No. I use LibreOffice. It's free and totally satisfies my office
needs. Besides,
we're not a Communist...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 30th 17, 01:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Bob F
He yelled 'Get out of my country, ' witnesses say, and then shot2 thieves of American jobs from India, killing one

On 3/25/2017 2:46 AM, wrote:
On Saturday, March 25, 2017 at 3:55:04 PM UTC+8, Caused By Outsourcing wrote:
This man is a hero and should go free.

month-old news
are all...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 22nd 17, 05:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Bob F
Strange new pdf animal? Anyone know how to print it?

On 2/22/2017 9:55 AM, John B. Smith wrote:
This is a long way from building computers, but I've
seen other posts that strayed at least as far, so here
goes: New York State is determined to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 18th 17, 11:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Bob F
Cheap old generic graphics card is a Nvidia knockoff?, was theculprit for BSOD

On 2/18/2017 1:43 PM, RayLopez99 wrote:
From another thread I have information below on what I thought was a problem (the high temperatures on an (Intel?) ASRock Conroe1333-D667 Winbond W83627EHF
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 18th 17, 07:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Bob F
Cassette to phone

On 1/18/2017 8:14 AM, Bill wrote:
Bob F wrote:
On 1/17/2017 6:21 PM, Bill wrote:
Bob F wrote:

The FM transmitters are generally plugged into the cigarette lighter
jack, and...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 18th 17, 04:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Bob F
Cassette to phone

On 1/17/2017 6:21 PM, Bill wrote:
Bob F wrote:

The FM transmitters are generally plugged into the cigarette lighter
jack, and many of them work fine, probably with better performance
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 18th 17, 02:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Bob F
Cassette to phone

On 1/17/2017 5:41 PM, Paul wrote:
Seymore4Head wrote:
My car has a cassette deck. I have been using a cassette tape with a
phone plug to listen to music and podcasts in the car. The...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 7th 17, 03:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Bob F
New couch + new plastic shoes lead to death of power supply (bystatic discharge).

On 1/7/2017 1:26 AM, wrote:
Hello,
.....................endless monolog

You find 1 couch with a problem, and you think it's some kind if
industry wide plot?? Why on earth...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 1st 16, 03:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Bob F
Update old laptop

On 9/30/2016 10:16 AM, Bob F wrote:
On 9/30/2016 8:12 AM, pheasant16 wrote:
Has become very slow over the past 8 years or so. Tried to back
everything up with Carbonite. Didn't work to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 30th 16, 06:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Bob F
Update old laptop

On 9/30/2016 8:12 AM, pheasant16 wrote:
Has become very slow over the past 8 years or so. Tried to back
everything up with Carbonite. Didn't work to transfer everything to new
laptop.

Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 29th 16, 11:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Bob F
HP m277dw and Office 2007

On 8/29/2016 8:02 AM, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:

Now, what's happening here? I just cannot comprehend it...

Probably the exact same thing as the 1st time you asked an hour ago.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 13th 16, 04:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

On 7/12/2016 6:52 PM, John Doe wrote:
Nym-shifting spammer...

I am wondering about this one because it's the first time I've seen
something like this on every newsgroup I watch. Does it precede...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 11th 16, 04:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Posted By Bob F
Anyone here with 771 to 775 converter sticker experience for Xeon771 processors?

On 7/10/2016 12:05 AM, Paul wrote:
Bob F wrote:
I played with this a lot a couple years ago. I finally gave up when I
started getting crashes on systems that had worked fine for many
Forum: Overclocking July 11th 16, 04:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 3

Bob F wrote:
I played with this a lot a couple years ago. I finally gave up when I
started getting crashes on systems that had worked fine for many
Forum: Overclocking July 10th 16, 02:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob F
Anyone here with 771 to 775 converter sticker experience for Xeon 771processors?

I played with this a lot a couple years ago. I finally gave up when I
started getting crashes on systems that had worked fine for many months.
I found that the 771 to 775 stickers seemed to fail...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 10th 16, 02:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Posted By Bob F
Anyone here with 771 to 775 converter sticker experience for Xeon 771processors?

I played with this a lot a couple years ago. I finally gave up when I
started getting crashes on systems that had worked fine for many months.
I found that the 771 to 775 stickers seemed to fail...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 27th 16, 10:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Bob F
External hard drive USB

On 6/27/2016 1:07 PM, Ant wrote:
Loren Pechtel wrote:
On Fri, 17 Jun 2016 13:47:42 -0400, Seymore4Head
wrote:

I have a WDTV...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 27th 16, 06:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Bob F
USB colour coding of cables

On 6/17/2016 5:54 PM, wrote:
white USB 1
black USB 2
blue USB 3
red charging socket

Now I just noticed that all my USB extension cables have white
inserts in the...
Forum: Gigbyte Motherboards October 21st 15, 02:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 7
Posted By Bob F
GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 USB 3.0 port will not open USB 2.0 storage devices

Paul wrote:
Bob F wrote:
Bob F wrote:
Paul wrote:
Bob F wrote:

This seems to be replacement firmware for the etron chip. Have you
actually installed this? I get a...
Forum: Gigbyte Motherboards October 21st 15, 12:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.windows7.general

Bob F wrote:
Paul wrote:
Bob F wrote:

This seems to be replacement firmware for the etron chip. Have you
actually installed this? I get a little nervous about replacing such
Forum: Gigbyte Motherboards October 21st 15, 12:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.windows7.general

Paul wrote:
Bob F wrote:

This seems to be replacement firmware for the etron chip. Have you
actually installed this? I get a little nervous about replacing such
firmware. Would it...
Forum: Gigbyte Motherboards October 20th 15, 03:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 7
Posted By Bob F
GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 USB 3.0 port will not open USB 2.0 storage devices

Paul wrote:
Bob F wrote:
I have just assembled a Windows 7 PC using a I5-2500K processor,
GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 motherboard, 4GB of RAM and a 250 GB Seagate HD.
Drivers were downloaded from the...
Forum: Gigbyte Motherboards October 20th 15, 04:38 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 7
Posted By Bob F
GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 USB 3.0 port will not open USB 2.0 storage devices

I have just assembled a Windows 7 PC using a I5-2500K processor,
GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 motherboard, 4GB of RAM and a 250 GB Seagate HD. Drivers were
downloaded from the Gigabyte site and installed after...