Search: Posts made by: John Doe[_9_]
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 11th 19, 01:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By John Doe[_9_]
Chrome blasts XP out of the water when I Exit from it

John B. Smith wrote:

Paul wrote:

Disable hardware acceleration, then retest.

I did notice the hardware accelleration among the Settings on my...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 21st 18, 11:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By John Doe[_9_]
Bitcoin crash means GPU shortage is over?

Paul wrote:

John Doe wrote:
Paul wrote:
John Doe wrote:

Check out the first minute of this video, it's worth your time...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 21st 18, 09:35 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Paul wrote:

John Doe wrote:

Check out the first minute of this video, it's worth your time...
https://youtu.be/9LbDtKsdS9w

Must have a pretty good radio in it,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 21st 18, 07:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

I wrote:
Check out the first minute of this video, it's worth your time...
https://youtu.be/9LbDtKsdS9w

That's just so incredible IMO.
The pilot is using first person view (FPV) but we are...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 21st 18, 06:52 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By John Doe[_9_]
Bitcoin crash means GPU shortage is over?

Paul wrote:

John Doe wrote:
Paul wrote:
wrote:

Will Nvidia/AMD be cutting prices?
Have you looked at...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 21st 18, 01:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Paul wrote:

wrote:

Will Nvidia/AMD be cutting prices?

Have you looked at supply, availability, features ?

What a mess.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 11th 18, 07:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By John Doe[_9_]
How to clone from a current SSD to one previously used as the boot drive?

Charlie Hoffpauir wrote:

I have an Intel SSD that was my old boot drive on my system. I cloned
it to a new Samsung SSD with no problems. However, since the operating
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 2nd 18, 07:45 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By John Doe[_9_]
idle curiosity - why internal HD rather than external HD

Larc wrote:

Flasherly wrote:
John Doe wrote:

Another interesting innovation is goggles for display....
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 31st 18, 05:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By John Doe[_9_]
idle curiosity - why internal HD rather than external HD

Few people need a 2 TB hard drive.
Like I said... Mostly only those who archive multimedia.

Another interesting innovation is goggles for display.
Goggles that can replace a huge monitor are in the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 30th 18, 06:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By John Doe[_9_]
idle curiosity - why internal HD rather than external HD

"Yes" wrote:

Given some recent problems with my pc, I've started daydreaming
about moving all my HDDs (all are SATA) from inside the pc case to
an external...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 3rd 18, 09:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.freeware,free.spam
Posted By John Doe[_9_]
[OT]

Regular chink...

From: "Mr....
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 3rd 18, 09:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.freeware,alt.conspiracy,free.spam
Posted By John Doe[_9_]
Do we need so many mobile phones?

Regular troll...

From: "Mr....
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 16th 18, 02:14 PM Posted to alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By John Doe[_9_]
Are there any PC monitor goggles or glasses?

[email protected] wrote:

It seems that it would sometimes be convenient if there are
some type of goggles we could hook up to a computer to do
some quick tasks without having to have a monitor,
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 15th 18, 04:04 AM Posted to alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By John Doe[_9_]
Are there any PC monitor goggles or glasses?

Shadow wrote:

PS Don't expect any feedback from our moderator. He never
helps anyone unless he gets a cut, or he can use his reply
as an excuse for STALKING. Notice I didn't name...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 5th 17, 06:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By John Doe[_9_]
File Manager... USB Drive (E:)?

Sorry, wrong group, disregard.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 5th 17, 06:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By John Doe[_9_]
File Manager... USB Drive (E:)?

Windows 10 is by default showing unoccupied USB drive ports now?

Mainly curious. Thanks.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 30th 17, 01:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By John Doe[_9_]
base clock only 96.6 MHz

wrote:

I was given a dead PC: if you pressed the on button, the
fans just flicked half a turn then stopped. The mainboard
does not have a standby power LED. I changed the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 21st 17, 08:52 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By John Doe[_9_]
Automatic wire strippers!

After a few uses... Not disappointed. Perhaps it is the
perfectionist in me, but I feel relieved to have no more
broken strands of wire, besides being such an easy wire
stripping operation. I do...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 26th 17, 05:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By John Doe[_9_]
Is there consumer s/w available now that uses multi-core CPUs?

This is my quad core eight thread CPU at about 90% for
several minutes while compressing a file using 7zip. Yes,
even freeware has caught up with multicore CPUs....
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 15th 17, 03:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By John Doe[_9_]
Is there consumer s/w available now that uses multi-core CPUs?

Paul wrote:

John Doe wrote:
RayLopez99 wrote:
Yes wrote:

Maybe OT, but given the thread about future CPUs, is
there...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 15th 17, 12:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

RayLopez99 wrote:

Yes wrote:

Maybe OT, but given the thread about future CPUs, is there
consumer software now that actually uses the multi-core
CPU technology? ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 12th 17, 01:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By John Doe[_9_]
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO w/ 120mm PWM Fan

Flasherly wrote:

John Doe wrote:

The worst thing about that CPU cooler...

It does not work for Intel motherboards even though it is...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 12th 17, 12:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By John Doe[_9_]
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO w/ 120mm PWM Fan

The worst thing about that CPU cooler...

It does not work for Intel motherboards even though it is
marketed to do so. Difficult to believe but true.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 3rd 17, 03:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,free.spam
Posted By John Doe[_9_]
Now let's fix the USB card!

The help that posters are given at least in part corresponds
to the clearness of their request for help. Yes, I would call
it an "expansion card" or an "add-in card". Just typing a
bunch of words...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 2nd 17, 07:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By John Doe[_9_]
Now let's fix the USB card!

pheasant16 wrote:

Having to physically reinsert the card into the slot to get
it found is not working out. However there isn't a dust
bunny to be found in the computer...