Search: Posts made by: msdos622wasfun
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors September 5th 12, 08:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 0
Posted By msdos622wasfun
I take it all back! HIS rocks!

Okay, okay, a while back I posted here about how I was having problems with my 2nd HIS video card. Well, now there's some redemption. I initiated an RMA, and I have to admit it was straightforward,...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors July 11th 12, 03:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 1
Posted By msdos622wasfun
Think I'll avoid HIS for a little while

Hey everyone. Just thought I'd share my recent personal experience and, heck, vent a little bit.

Used to be mostly an Nvidia guy. Switched over to AMD/ATI in early 2010 with the purchase of a...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 12th 09, 08:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Posted By msdos622wasfun
Crysis -- unoptimized?

timelord wrote:

I have Crysis and the frame rate is low on mine too.
Here are my system specs.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5ghz
Nvidia 9800GX2
8 gig of PC3 10666 1333mhz RAM
Gigabyte...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 12th 09, 08:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Posted By msdos622wasfun
Crysis -- unoptimized?

msdos622wasfun wrote:

[snip]

I found this amusing ... I decided to totally max out the Crysis demo:
1680 x 1050 (my monitor's maximum native resolution), full AA, Very
High Everything. ...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 11th 09, 07:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Posted By msdos622wasfun
Crysis -- unoptimized?

MickT wrote:

Crysis was one of those "future" games which require the next (or
two) generation(s) GPU to play smoothly :P

This indicated your 280 is running normally ;)
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 11th 09, 09:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Posted By msdos622wasfun
Crysis -- unoptimized?

Augustus wrote:

"msdos622wasfun" wrote in message
Well, now that I have a GTX 280, I tried the Crysis demo, and...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 10th 09, 05:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Posted By msdos622wasfun
Crysis -- unoptimized?

Well, now that I have a GTX 280, I tried the Crysis demo, and I'm
getting between 30 and 55 FPS on average (sometimes less, sometimes
more) with most of the eye candy turned on at 1400 x 1050. ...