Search: Posts made by: Paul[_26_]
Forum: General Today, 01:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Paul[_26_]
USB file copy problem

philo wrote:
I have not posted here in ages as all has been going very well. Now I
finally have a question.

I have an Android phone LG-6 that I back up to my main computer on
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 18th 19, 04:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Can I virtually restore a PC?

tumppiw wrote:
Paul kirjoitti 18.4.2019 klo 5.41:
RayLopez99 wrote:
On Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at 5:16:55 AM UTC-4, tumppiw wrote:
Paul kirjoitti 16.4.2019 klo 8.59:
Paul...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 18th 19, 03:41 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Can I virtually restore a PC?

RayLopez99 wrote:
On Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at 5:16:55 AM UTC-4, tumppiw wrote:
Paul kirjoitti 16.4.2019 klo 8.59:
Paul wrote:
RayLopez99 wrote:
Here's my dilemma: I want to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 17th 19, 04:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
How do you recycle solar panels?

Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
On 4/17/2019 8:00 PM, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
On 4/17/2019 11:00 AM, Bob F wrote:
On 4/13/2019 6:56 AM, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:

How do you recycle solar...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 16th 19, 06:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Can I virtually restore a PC?

Paul wrote:
RayLopez99 wrote:
Here's my dilemma: I want to recover some photos on my girl's now
dead laptop (she spilled coffee in it, typical girl hehe). I have a
backup. The laptop...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 16th 19, 06:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Can I virtually restore a PC?

RayLopez99 wrote:
Here's my dilemma: I want to recover some photos on my girl's now dead laptop (she spilled coffee in it, typical girl hehe). I have a backup. The laptop was a x63 Windows 10...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 16th 19, 05:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Congratulations! You are King of All Idiots' Day Fixes

RayLopez99 wrote:
On Monday, April 15, 2019 at 8:19:11 PM UTC-4, Flasherly wrote:
AMD FX-Series FX-4100 Zambezi FD4100WMW4KGU Socket AM3+ 95W CPU

Burnt like hell when I touched the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 15th 19, 06:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
what hardware is needed for multiple-screen displays

Yes wrote:
I just saw an ad for an ASUS monitor showing 9 monitors in a 3x3 matrix
being used to show a picture. It got me curious.

Other than the monitors themselves, what hardware would...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 12th 19, 07:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
How to unlock Bios? And a protocol for getting the BIOS screenin a Dell Latitude

RayLopez99 wrote:
I bought an ex-corporate Dell Latitude from 7 years ago and so far so good, but it has a locked BIOS. I wonder if it's worth unlocking? I don't think so, since I checked the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 8th 19, 09:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
power used by just the fan in a power supply?

Paul wrote:
wrote:
On Sunday, April 7, 2019 at 9:35:33 PM UTC+8, Paul wrote:
It should have the power rating printed on the hub.

My Vantec Stealth in the kitchen...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 8th 19, 04:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

wrote:
On Sunday, April 7, 2019 at 9:35:33 PM UTC+8, Paul wrote:
It should have the power rating printed on the hub.

My Vantec Stealth in the kitchen says 1.2W on...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 7th 19, 02:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
power used by just the fan in a power supply?

wrote:
I heard at a HPC presentation that the fan in the power supply of a 1U server
"pizza box" can draw 15-20 W! I looked up the specs of some 40 mm case fans used
to cool...
Forum: General March 13th 19, 05:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Paul[_26_]
ST4000NM0035 vs ST4000NM0033

wrote:
On Sunday, 18 December 2016 18:02:41 UTC+5:30, Lars Bonnesen wrote:
For at 4 TB drive sitting internally in a SuperMicro server as an
ESX-test-/develserver,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 10th 19, 06:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Chrome blasts XP out of the water when I Exit from it

John B. Smith wrote:
My employer uses Google Chrome for their OS (it's a school). I
installed some variant of the Chrome browser on my WindowsXP desktop
and am able to sign onto the school's...
Forum: General March 5th 19, 02:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Battery not recognised

Sécherre wrote:
Le 04/03/2019 √* 17:32, S√©cherre a √©crit :
Hello !

I've installed Debian Stretch on my HP x2 Detachable with the kernel
4.19.

My battery isn't recognised, so I...
Forum: General March 4th 19, 06:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Battery not recognised

Sécherre wrote:
Hello !

I've installed Debian Stretch on my HP x2 Detachable with the kernel 4.19.

My battery isn't recognised, so I don't have a battery level in the
systray. Only...
Forum: General February 27th 19, 06:36 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Looking for MOBO compatible with Coreboot

user wrote:
hello,

which Unix/Linux friendly Motherboard you recommend compatible with
Coreboot?

Thank you
Forum: General February 25th 19, 09:34 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Paul[_26_]
What is the potential value of a used 400W ATX power suppy.

Norm X wrote:

Thanks for you professional opinion Paul. On the other hand, if my rig
becomes unstable, maybe I should have the shop put a scope on it. If the
electrolytic capacitors are...
Forum: General February 25th 19, 05:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Paul[_26_]
What is the potential value of a used 400W ATX power suppy.

Norm X wrote:
[snippage]

Thanks Paul. The link to article you gave was useful. A nice man at a
repair shop gave me a short Molex to six pin GPU power adapter cable. I
gave him RAM...
Forum: General February 21st 19, 08:07 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

Norm X wrote:

Thanks Paul. The link to article you gave was useful. A nice man at a repair
shop gave me a short Molex to six pin GPU power adapter cable. I gave him
RAM I could not sell. I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 10th 19, 09:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
WTF is this on winfast nf4fsk8aa motherboard, wierd optical spdif?

Char Jackson wrote:
On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 02:39:42 -0500, Paul wrote:

wrote:
The status on your pictures is:

403...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 10th 19, 07:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

wrote:
The status on your pictures is:

403 Forbidden
Request forbidden by administrative rules.

Hmm,

It's either a problem on your side.
Forum: General February 10th 19, 04:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Paul[_26_]
What is the potential value of a used 400W ATX power suppy.

Norm X wrote:

Thanks Paul, for the advice.

After I did the service work, the old PSU worked sufficiently well that I
kept it in that PC for a month, even though a new Coolmax 400W I-400...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 7th 19, 09:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
WTF is this on winfast nf4fsk8aa motherboard, wierd optical spdif?

wrote:
I took some pictures of this plug:

Link to Folder:

http://www.skybuck.org/BlackPlugInOpticalSPDIF/

Link to Pictures (approx 3 megabyte per picture):
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 7th 19, 08:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
WTF is this on winfast nf4fsk8aa motherboard, wierd optical spdif?

wrote:
Never mind I figured it out.

I have two of these motherboards, I went to the brand new one, the backup motherboard.

Both are supposed to be second hand but...