Search: Posts made by: Paul[_26_]
Forum: Storage (alt) November 16th 18, 02:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Posted By Paul[_26_]
"Why I Will Never Buy a Hard Drive Again"

Lynn McGuire wrote:

Well, I tried the intertubes trick, "The Pesky PWDIS Feature In Newer
SATA Specs", of trying to get my shucked 8 TB hard drive to replace my
backup 4 TB hard drive last...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 16th 18, 02:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

Lynn McGuire wrote:

Well, I tried the intertubes trick, "The Pesky PWDIS Feature In Newer
SATA Specs", of trying to get my shucked 8 TB hard drive to replace my
backup 4 TB hard drive last...
Forum: Intel November 15th 18, 10:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.intel,alt.windows7.general
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Intel CPU prices going up?

Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 11/13/2018 6:16 PM, Paul wrote:
Looks like one silicon die to me. There are two IP blocks on it.

http://i.imgur.com/9TIpxDY.jpg

On the mobile part, there is one...
Forum: General November 15th 18, 10:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.intel,alt.windows7.general
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Intel CPU prices going up?

Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 11/13/2018 6:16 PM, Paul wrote:
Looks like one silicon die to me. There are two IP blocks on it.

http://i.imgur.com/9TIpxDY.jpg

On the mobile part, there is one...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 14th 18, 11:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Clean install of Win 10 ?

wrote:
On Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 3:55:33 AM UTC+8, Paul wrote:
If you never paid for Windows 10, then the following
"generic, useless" license keys are provided....
Forum: General November 14th 18, 12:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.intel,alt.windows7.general
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Intel CPU prices going up?

Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 10/24/2018 4:39 AM, Paul wrote:
I think the Ryzen is a single die with two CCX on it.
So your yield is for an 8 core chips.

Forum: Intel November 14th 18, 12:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.intel,alt.windows7.general
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Intel CPU prices going up?

Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 10/24/2018 4:39 AM, Paul wrote:
I think the Ryzen is a single die with two CCX on it.
So your yield is for an 8 core chips.

Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 13th 18, 11:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Clean install of Win 10 ?

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
On 11/13/18 2:55 PM, Paul wrote:

When you first installed windows 10, it transmitted
the NIC (Network Interface Card) MAC address to Microsoft.com .

Are you...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 13th 18, 08:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Clean install of Win 10 ?

Davej wrote:
I am very confused about these digital licenses. Where are they stored?

When you first installed windows 10, it transmitted
the NIC (Network Interface Card) MAC address to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 10th 18, 02:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
does H77 chipset (Ivy Bridge) need heat sink?

wrote:
I got a used Dell XPS 8500. Trying to find out the motherboard model,
Dell website no help. But I see mainboards for this PC advertised on
various sites. There are 2...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 10th 18, 10:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
No demarcation FX-octal woe blues

Flasherly wrote:
Bought mine, an octal Fx when the Ryzen fireworks went off, a bomb by
industry standards, at least for octals. I swear to God, they're
getting all teary-eyed about this,...
Forum: General November 10th 18, 12:58 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Can Someone Tell Me What Is Going On?

VanguardLH wrote:
John McGaw wrote:

VanguardLH wrote:

Assuming "router" actually means the cable modem, not some separate
router you have downstream of the modem. The modem losing...
Forum: General November 6th 18, 11:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Security flaws in widely used SSDs

Yrrah wrote:
"Researchers at Radboud University in the Netherlands have discovered
that widely used data storage devices with self-encrypting drives do
not provide the expected level of data...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 5th 18, 01:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
RAM temperature sensors needed soon.

wrote:
On Monday, November 5, 2018 at 4:15:04 PM UTC+8, Paul wrote:
The hottest memories were RAMBUS. But there was a
reason for that. Each memory chip was sufficient...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 5th 18, 09:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
RAM temperature sensors needed soon.

wrote:
This is probably a golden opertunity for companies like ASRock which have patents on or licenses patents on overheat protection circuitry for motherboards.

This...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 3rd 18, 09:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
dahm it took long SSD HP-M700

Flasherly wrote:
On Sat, 03 Nov 2018 12:48:28 -0400, Flasherly
wrote:

The way that's read for HP-esque is ...

-
Along with HP-esque M700 packaging specifications:...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 27th 18, 04:36 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Can I install XP on a Lenovo T410s

wrote:
My old Lenovo T43 laptop is getting old and needs help. Battery is weak,
keyboard has a few non-working keys, etc. I was gonna buy a new battery
and replacement keyboard,...
Forum: General October 24th 18, 09:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.intel,alt.windows7.general
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Intel CPU prices going up?

Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 10/23/2018 1:45 PM, VanguardLH wrote:
You're obviously making guesses. Demand hasn't gone up despite all the
news pundits saying otherwise. "Apparently" is another...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 20th 18, 05:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Panaflow

Flasherly wrote:
More blades and veins and efficiency. I've original stock specs. I
want better, the good stuff, although taking apart my stock
Coolermaster heatsinks, next physical size up,...
Forum: General October 18th 18, 10:31 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Connection Monitor to PC ???

wrote:
On Wed, 17 Oct 2018 22:46:52 -0400, Paul

I discovered something that surprised me - maybe someone can...
Forum: General October 18th 18, 06:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.intel,alt.windows7.general
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Intel CPU prices going up?

Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
On 10/16/2018 4:01 AM, Paul wrote:
This is a table from a recent Anandtech article announcing
the 9900K.
22nm 14/14+ 14++

Forum: General October 18th 18, 03:46 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Connection Monitor to PC ???

wrote:
I discovered something that surprised me - maybe someone can tell me
why?

I connected my monitor to two PCs, one DVI, the other VGA. I planned
to used my two PCs...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 16th 18, 08:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Why does public IP address of home computer changed dependingon which ethernet port/nic is being used ?

wrote:
ipconfig /all on german laptop:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.

Forum: General October 15th 18, 10:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.intel,alt.windows7.general
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Intel CPU prices going up?

nospam wrote:
In article , Yousuf Khan
wrote:

Intel's processor prices have been going up recently, rather than...
Forum: General October 15th 18, 09:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.intel,alt.windows7.general
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Intel CPU prices going up?

Yousuf Khan wrote:
Intel's processor prices have been going up recently, rather than down.
They're blaming it on production problems. Intel has been well known to
be stuck on the 14nm node...