Search: Posts made by: Norm X[_2_]
Forum: General April 4th 18, 01:38 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
SOCHOX 8GB DDR2 PC2-6400 800Mhz DIMM AMD

"Paul" wrote
[massive snippage]
Paul

The Intel Q9650 arrived and its performance is well worth the price. I tried
the SOCHOX 8GB DDR2 PC2-6400 800Mhz DIMM AMD RAM and it still won't boot....
Forum: General February 23rd 18, 11:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
SOCHOX 8GB DDR2 PC2-6400 800Mhz DIMM AMD

"Paul" wrote
[snippage]
Actually, you can get "cheap" LGA2066 processors.

https://ark.intel.com/products/121499/Intel-Core-i7-7740X-X-series-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_50-GHz

The good...
Forum: General January 30th 18, 05:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
Reallocated Sectors Count

Hi,
I have a Microsoft SS software RAID with two hard drives. Now
CrystalDiskInfo says the raw count for Reallocated Sectors Count is 2 on one
HDD. I like to get some lead time so I can purchase a...
Forum: General January 6th 18, 01:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
"Ethical" Printer?

"Norm X" wrote in message

I've been using an HP Photosmart color inkjet for a decade. When I was
using it less frequently, I...
Forum: General January 2nd 18, 06:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
"Ethical" Printer?

"~misfit~" wrote in message
I've just junked yet another inkjet printer for parts (PSU mainly) and, as
with the last one I see...
Forum: General January 2nd 18, 12:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
SOCHOX 8GB DDR2 PC2-6400 800Mhz DIMM AMD

"Paul" wrote in message
Norm X wrote:
Happy New Year,

My old Intel MOBO has accepted many upgrades but is stuck at 4GB RAM.
Forum: General January 1st 18, 11:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

"VanguardLH" wrote in message
Norm X wrote:

Happy New Year,

My old Intel MOBO has accepted many upgrades but is stuck at 4GB RAM.
Forum: General January 1st 18, 06:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
SOCHOX 8GB DDR2 PC2-6400 800Mhz DIMM AMD

Happy New Year,

My old Intel MOBO has accepted many upgrades but is stuck at 4GB RAM. Even
though prohibited, Win10 works reliably on one stick SOCHOX 4GB 667MHz DDR2
AMD, the past couple of...
Forum: General May 1st 17, 02:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 15
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
Complaint about Microsoft criminal misuse of Telephone system

"burfordTjustice" wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Jan 2017 19:22:14 -0500
"...winston" wrote:

Not true.

Forum: General May 1st 17, 02:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
wireless mouse not working

I have a Nexxtech wireless mouse. It has stopped working on my Win10Pro
desktop PC even after reboot. It worked before. I have moved it to this
WinXP netbook where it works fine. I'm using...
Forum: General April 13th 17, 06:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
New thread

Careful study of the M1640 manual images says I want to know more about
the ITE 8718FX, near the DIMM slots. ITE is a fabless company in Taiwan,
8718FX is the IC ID. When I do Google...
Forum: General April 3rd 17, 09:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
New thread

[massive snippage]
Careful study of the M1640 manual images says I want to know more about
the ITE 8718FX, near the DIMM slots. ITE is a fabless company in Taiwan,
8718FX is the IC ID. When I...
Forum: General April 3rd 17, 09:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
New thread

[major snippage]
Thanks Paul, I've narrowed my search to two old tools that only work
on WinXP to Win7, MemSet41 and CPU-Tweaker. I've copied them to my
BartPE dongle....
Forum: General April 3rd 17, 03:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
New thread

[massive snippage]
Now, only tweaking RAM voltage is expeditious. Given that the chips in
question are tiny, I need a circuit diagram for the MCP73VE MOBO and
details on whatever IMC is used....
Forum: General April 3rd 17, 03:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
New thread

[major snippage]
Thanks Paul, I've narrowed my search to two old tools that only work on
WinXP to Win7, MemSet41 and CPU-Tweaker. I've copied them to my BartPE
dongle. When it is...
Forum: General April 1st 17, 09:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 15
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
Complaint about Microsoft criminal misuse of Telephone system

[snip]
Long ago, I came to the conclusion that Microsoft is sleazy with money. I
needed to cancel a credit card, the only way to terminate recurrent
charges. At one point the Supreme Court...
Forum: General March 30th 17, 09:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
New thread

If you expand this screenshot:
https://images.betanews.com/screenshots/1252682468-1.jpg

You'll see that CPU-Tweaker does not show or modify RAM voltages, only
timings. Maybe...
Forum: General March 20th 17, 05:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
New thread

{snippage
If you expand this screenshot:
https://images.betanews.com/screenshots/1252682468-1.jpg

You'll see that CPU-tweaker does not show or modify RAM voltages, only
timings. Maybe...
Forum: General March 20th 17, 04:26 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
New thread

[major snippage]
Thanks Paul, I've narrowed my search to two old tools that only work on
WinXP to Win7, MemSet41 and CPU-Tweaker. I've copied them to my BartPE
dongle. When it is time,...
Forum: General March 19th 17, 08:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
New thread

"Paul" wrote
?Does anyone here have experience with ASRock OC Tuner:
http://www.asrock.com/Feature/OCTuner/index.asp

Selecting the version for AMD RAM and a non AMD MOBO might be...
Forum: General March 16th 17, 01:11 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
New thread

?Does anyone here have experience with ASRock OC Tuner:
http://www.asrock.com/Feature/OCTuner/index.asp

Selecting the version for AMD RAM and a non AMD MOBO might be confusing.

However,...
Forum: General March 9th 17, 03:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
How to locate a whole document online when only one page is known

Canada sucks so don't be there either.

We have discovered up here, that we can't please everybody.
So we stopped trying.

Paul

Thanks Paul. Let's hope that Wikileaks, Russia and...
Forum: General March 8th 17, 08:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
How to locate a whole document online when only one page is known

A problem encountered, may be when only one page of a valuable document,
is
the only one at hand. Google provides the answer. Scan the page and submit
its file to Google as documented by...
Forum: General March 7th 17, 01:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 15
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
Complaint about Microsoft criminal misuse of Telephone system

Long ago, I came to the conclusion that Microsoft is sleazy with money. I
needed to cancel a credit card, the only way to terminate recurrent
charges. At one point the Supreme Court under...
Forum: General March 6th 17, 03:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
How to locate a whole document online when only one page is known

Hello all,