Search: Posts made by: Bill Anderson
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 5th 18, 12:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Posted By Bill Anderson
SOLVED: Problem with Asus Prime X299-A UEFI BIOS

On 7/4/2018 11:04 PM, Paul wrote:
Bill Anderson wrote:
I'll post this even though I'm not convinced anybody who can use the
info will ever find it here.* It's just that I've received so...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 5th 18, 04:36 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Posted By Bill Anderson
SOLVED: Problem with Asus Prime X299-A UEFI BIOS

I'll post this even though I'm not convinced anybody who can use the
info will ever find it here. It's just that I've received so much good
info in this newsgroup over the years (primarily from...
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 28th 18, 06:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Posted By Bill Anderson
UPDATE: My new Asus Prime X299-A build

On 6/26/2018 2:25 PM, Paul wrote:
Bill Anderson wrote:
I see from the date of my first newsgroup post on this subject that
I've been working on motherboard problems for about two months now....
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 26th 18, 07:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Posted By Bill Anderson
UPDATE: My new Asus Prime X299-A build

I see from the date of my first newsgroup post on this subject that I've
been working on motherboard problems for about two months now. So
here's an update for anybody who's interested.

My old...
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 10th 18, 04:45 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Posted By Bill Anderson
Asus P9X79 four short beeps

On 6/9/2018 2:27 PM, Paul wrote:
Bill Anderson wrote:
On 6/9/2018 10:53 AM, Bill Anderson wrote:
On 5/25/2018 2:16 PM, Bill Anderson wrote:

I don't know what else to do.* Memtest...
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 9th 18, 07:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Posted By Bill Anderson
Asus P9X79 four short beeps

On 6/9/2018 10:53 AM, Bill Anderson wrote:
On 5/25/2018 2:16 PM, Bill Anderson wrote:

I don't know what else to do.* Memtest never finds an error and
Windows and Aida report my 32...
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 9th 18, 04:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Posted By Bill Anderson
Asus P9X79 four short beeps

On 5/25/2018 2:16 PM, Bill Anderson wrote:

I don't know what else to do.* Memtest never finds an error and Windows
and Aida report my 32 gigabytes of DDR3 are behaving normally.* I think
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 25th 18, 08:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Posted By Bill Anderson
Asus P9X79 four short beeps

On 5/5/2018 7:29 PM, Bill Anderson wrote:
On 5/5/2018 1:12 PM, Paul wrote:
Bill Anderson wrote:
On 5/4/2018 1:23 AM, Paul wrote:

LGA2066 4 channel

X299* LGA2066 V1* via...
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 6th 18, 01:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Posted By Bill Anderson
Asus P9X79 four short beeps

On 5/5/2018 1:12 PM, Paul wrote:
Bill Anderson wrote:
On 5/4/2018 1:23 AM, Paul wrote:

LGA2066 4 channel

X299* LGA2066 V1* via DMI...
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 4th 18, 03:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Posted By Bill Anderson
Asus P9X79 four short beeps

On 5/3/2018 7:34 PM, Bill Anderson wrote:
On 5/3/2018 12:15 AM, Paul wrote:
Bill Anderson wrote:
Forgot to mention I ran Memtest on all 32 gigs for six hours last
night and there were...
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 4th 18, 01:34 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Posted By Bill Anderson
Asus P9X79 four short beeps

On 5/3/2018 12:15 AM, Paul wrote:
Bill Anderson wrote:
Forgot to mention I ran Memtest on all 32 gigs for six hours last
night and there were no errors.

So it's probably not the RAM...
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 3rd 18, 04:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Posted By Bill Anderson
Asus P9X79 four short beeps

Forgot to mention I ran Memtest on all 32 gigs for six hours last night
and there were no errors.

--
Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 3rd 18, 02:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Posted By Bill Anderson
Asus P9X79 four short beeps

On 5/1/2018 12:59 PM, Paul wrote:
Bill Anderson wrote:
It began happening a few weeks ago -- I'd try to boot but before post
I'd hear four short beeps followed by the post chirp (different...
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 1st 18, 10:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Posted By Bill Anderson
Asus P9X79 four short beeps

On 5/1/2018 12:59 PM, Paul wrote:
Bill Anderson wrote:
It began happening a few weeks ago -- I'd try to boot but before post
I'd hear four short beeps followed by the post chirp (different...
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 1st 18, 10:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Posted By Bill Anderson
Asus P9X79 four short beeps

On 5/1/2018 12:42 PM, Shadow wrote:
On Tue, 1 May 2018 12:13:44 -0500, Bill Anderson
wrote:

It began happening a few weeks ago -- I'd try to boot but before...
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 1st 18, 06:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Posted By Bill Anderson
Asus P9X79 four short beeps

It began happening a few weeks ago -- I'd try to boot but before post
I'd hear four short beeps followed by the post chirp (different sound)
and then nothing. But it was an intermittent problem...
Forum: Asus Motherboards April 17th 18, 06:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Posted By Bill Anderson
Head-Scratcher

On 4/13/2018 12:45 AM, Paul wrote:
Bill Anderson wrote:
On 4/12/2018 4:06 PM, Paul wrote:
Bill Anderson wrote:
Golly this group has gone quiet lately.* This has always been my
Forum: Asus Motherboards April 13th 18, 03:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Posted By Bill Anderson
Head-Scratcher

On 4/12/2018 4:06 PM, Paul wrote:
Bill Anderson wrote:
Golly this group has gone quiet lately.* This has always been my go-to
place for help with my computers, but now...Paul, are you still...
Forum: Asus Motherboards April 13th 18, 12:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Posted By Bill Anderson
Head-Scratcher

On 4/12/2018 3:44 PM, Shadow wrote:
On Thu, 12 Apr 2018 10:12:36 -0500, Bill Anderson
wrote:

Golly this group has gone quiet lately. This has always been my...
Forum: Asus Motherboards April 12th 18, 04:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Posted By Bill Anderson
Head-Scratcher

Golly this group has gone quiet lately. This has always been my go-to
place for help with my computers, but now...Paul, are you still here?

About three years ago I built a desktop machine around...
Forum: Asus Motherboards August 6th 17, 09:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill Anderson
Boot by spacebar stopped working

On 8/6/2017 10:10 AM, Paul wrote:
Bill Anderson wrote:
Here's a puzzler for you. I have an Asus P9X79 system which I've been
using happily for almost five years now. The other day I...
Forum: Asus Motherboards August 6th 17, 12:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill Anderson
Boot by spacebar stopped working

Here's a puzzler for you. I have an Asus P9X79 system which I've been
using happily for almost five years now. The other day I pressed the
spacebar to start the system, and nothing happened. ...
Forum: Asus Motherboards April 3rd 16, 04:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 16
Posted By Bill Anderson
Tired of hot processor on P9X79

On 4/2/2016 11:27 AM, Bill Anderson wrote:

Thanks, Paul, for your kind and patient assistance as I've worked
through all this. I'll probably be back in a few days after my Asus
P9X79 mbo...
Forum: Asus Motherboards April 2nd 16, 05:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 16
Posted By Bill Anderson
Tired of hot processor on P9X79

On 4/1/2016 1:47 AM, Paul wrote:
Bill Anderson wrote:
On 3/29/2016 4:49 AM, Paul wrote:
Bill Anderson wrote:
The saga continues:

When I built a new computer around an Asus P5Q...
Forum: Asus Motherboards March 31st 16, 09:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 16
Posted By Bill Anderson
Tired of hot processor on P9X79

On 3/29/2016 4:49 AM, Paul wrote:
Bill Anderson wrote:
The saga continues:

When I built a new computer around an Asus P5Q Pro Turbo back in 2007,
I acquired a PC Power and Cooling...