Search: Posts made by: Ant[_3_]
Forum: Printers July 12th 19, 05:25 AM Posted to comp.sys.hp.misc,alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printer,comp.periphs.printers
Posted By Ant[_3_]
Is anyone else having problems posting in HP's printer forums?

Hello.

With my very old HP.com account from 7/29/2011, I'm currently having
problems posting in
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/PostPrint right
now as shown in my uploaded...
Forum: Printers June 8th 19, 10:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printer,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.hp.misc,comp.sys.hp.apps
Posted By Ant[_3_]
Anyone here use HP Photo Creations?

I use it, but I hate its online requirements and now limits features
(have to pay to use them). Does anyone know of its old version and/or
good software replacements for my decade old 64-bit W7 HPE...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 1st 19, 07:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Ant[_3_]
Major upgrade

Wow, almost like mine but I'm not planning to upgrade yet unless
something break. I used to upgrade like crazy because I was computer
gaming. :P

Rene Lamontagne wrote:
I am...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 19th 19, 04:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Ant[_3_]
anybody remember "high-end desktops" in the 1990s?

For me, I had to keep upgrading because of computer games. I don't play
them anymore so I still use my decade old desktops. :P
http://zimage.com/~ant/antfarm/about/toys.html for my list.
--
TGIGF!...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 19th 19, 04:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Ant[_3_]
anybody remember "high-end desktops" in the 1990s?

Of course. http://zimage.com/~ant/antfarm/about/toys.html for my
details. ;)

wrote:
When I was at uni, the department had some SPARCstations and AlphaStations
with 512 MiB...
Forum: Printers April 9th 19, 05:12 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Posted By Ant[_3_]
What's the oldest printer you still use these days?

Bob Eager wrote:
On Mon, 08 Apr 2019 15:22:40 -0500, Ant wrote:

My colony still uses a HP LaserJet 6P connected to a 2008 15" MacBook
Pro with parallel - USB adapter....
Forum: Printers April 9th 19, 12:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printer,comp.periphs.printers

In alt.comp.periphs.printers GlowingBlueMist wrote:
On 4/8/2019 3:22 PM, Ant wrote:
My colony still uses a HP LaserJet 6P connected to a 2008 15" MacBook
Pro...
Forum: Printers April 8th 19, 09:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printer,comp.periphs.printers
Posted By Ant[_3_]
What's the oldest printer you still use these days?

My colony still uses a HP LaserJet 6P connected to a 2008 15" MacBook
Pro with parallel - USB adapter. I had to install Gutenprint's printer
drivers in Mac OS X (Leopard v10.5.8 and El Capitan...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 5th 19, 01:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Posted By Ant[_3_]
Security Bulletin: NVIDIA GPU Display Driver - February 2019

David W. Hodgins wrote:
On Mon, 04 Mar 2019 03:22:08 -0500, Ant wrote:

I hope Debian releases the fixes for my decade old GeForce 8800 GT...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 4th 19, 08:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Posted By Ant[_3_]
Security Bulletin: NVIDIA GPU Display Driver - February 2019

I hope Debian releases the fixes for my decade old GeForce 8800 GT (512
MB of VRAM) video card in oldstable/Jessie v8. I have these packages
right now:
nvidia-alternative 340.106-1 ...
Forum: Ati Videocards August 9th 18, 03:50 PM Posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Posted By Ant[_3_]
Is my almost decade old ATI Radeon 4870 video card finallyfailing?

On 8/8/2018 9:21 AM, Ant wrote:
Oh, I forgot to mention this too. I also had a few seconds power outage
a couple days ago in the early morning that my PC went off and then on
(no UPS'...
Forum: Ati Videocards June 2nd 17, 05:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 1
Posted By Ant[_3_]
Where are the override options in Catalyst Control Center v13.9?

Oops. I messed up. Reposting:

Hello.

I recently installed a brand new 64-bit W7 HPE SP1 OS onto my old gaming
box that used to have Windows XP Pro SP3. I can't seem to find the
v13.9's CCC option...
Forum: Ati Videocards June 2nd 17, 05:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 1
Posted By Ant[_3_]
Where are the override options in Catalyst Control Center v13.9?

Hello.

I recently installed a brand new 64-bit W7 HPE SP1 OS onto my old gaming
box that used to have Windows XP Pro SP3. I can't seem to find the
v13.9's CCC option for its Override...
Forum: Storage (alt) February 21st 17, 09:49 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,alt.comp.periphs.hdd
Posted By Ant[_3_]
A bad sector checker program in Macs?

Hello.

Does anyone know of a free program that can check for bad sectors in
Macs (e.g., MacBook Pro from early 2008 [4,1]) without losing datas? I
don't care if it runs in or outside of Mac OS X...
Forum: Storage (alt) February 20th 17, 05:51 PM Posted to comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,alt.comp.periphs.hdd
Posted By Ant[_3_]
Unable to boot up an old 15" MBP (2008)'s Mac OS Xv10.5.8/Leopard (SMART test results)

On 2017-02-20, Ant wrote:
Someone asked me to run SMART test on the internal HDD. Here are the
results with an old SMARTreporter...
Forum: Storage (alt) January 17th 17, 12:41 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.periphs.hdd
Posted By Ant[_3_]
System News: The hard drive is 60 years old!

http://mobile.pcauthority.com.au/Feature/447662,system-news-the-hard-drive-is-60-years-old.aspx
from
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc/Sc4L2Jau2FE
--
"Left right...
Forum: Storage (alt) January 14th 17, 05:44 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.periphs.hdd

After an extended self-test, and using the machine too like using the
Internet, which passed:

smartctl 5.43 2012-06-30 r3573 (sf-5.43-1)
Copyright (C) 2002-12 by Bruce Allen,...
Forum: Storage (alt) January 14th 17, 05:48 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.periphs.hdd
Posted By Ant[_3_]
Should I be concerned about this old Seagate SATA 320 GB HDD with itsspin retry counts?

Hi again.

My newly installed HD Tune v2.55 (still valid from 2008?) showed a
yellow highlighted line for "(0A) Spin Retry Count" row in my old
Seagate SATA ST3320620AS HDD. So, I ran GSmartControl...
Forum: Printers January 5th 17, 06:44 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printer,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers
Posted By Ant[_3_]
12+ years old HP PhotoSmart 8450 printer likes to take multiplepapers at once.

I just printed nine pages after flaring papers, but that didn't seem to
help since it took two extra pages. :(

On 1/1/2017 6:56 PM, Ant wrote:
So, I used the printer tonight with low number of...
Forum: Printers January 2nd 17, 02:56 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printer,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers
Posted By Ant[_3_]
12+ years old HP PhotoSmart 8450 printer likes to take multiplepapers at once.

So, I used the printer tonight with low number of papers tonight. During
the printing, it took two papers this time and then one on the next
time. It seems improved, but not fully fixed.

On...
Forum: Printers December 29th 16, 06:31 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printer,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers
Posted By Ant[_3_]
12+ years old HP PhotoSmart 8450 printer likes to take multiplepapers at once.

Hmm, rollers didn't look bad as shown in my iPhone 4S' photo(graphs):
http://imgur.com/a/3eOXw ... I cleaned them anyways as shown...
Forum: Printers December 29th 16, 03:27 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printer,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers
Posted By Ant[_3_]
12+ years old HP PhotoSmart 8450 printer likes to take multiplepapers at once.

Hello.

For years, this old HP PhotoSmart 8450 (model Q3388A; manufactured on
8/2/2004) printer likes to physically take multiple papers at once from
its included bottom black paper sheet input...
Forum: Ati Videocards December 4th 16, 08:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 0
Posted By Ant[_3_]
Where to download the very old ATI's screen savers and safe to use innewer Windows?

Did ATI/AMD remove its very old screen savers like Moebius v1.1 for my
ancient still working ATI Radeon 4870 video card (512 MB of VRAM)? I
cannot seem to find them on ATI/AMD's official web site...
Forum: Storage (alt) August 19th 16, 02:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.hdd,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Posted By Ant[_3_]
What's a good portable reliable external 2.5" USB HDD to get thesedays?

Hello.

It looks like this 6 years old 500 GB Seagate FreeAgent Go HDD is dying
according to GMsmartControl v0.8.7's extended test results on a very
old, updated Windows XP Pro SP3 (couldn't do...
Forum: Storage (alt) March 13th 16, 12:53 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,alt.comp.periphs.hdd
Posted By Ant[_3_]
A dying HDD in a very old 15" MacBook Pro from 2008?

Hi.

I noticed a client's 15" MacBook Pro responding slowly, locked up with
Firefox and couldn't kill it, and shut down. Even booting up after doing
a force shut down with the power button was...