Posted By Paul[_26_]
Lengthen the life of Windows 7 using the legal system

Chris wrote:
On 20/01/2019 18:07, Filip454 wrote:
On 2019-01-19 10:43, Chris wrote:
Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:

Can a class-action suit be filed to US Court...
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors Yesterday, 09:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Posted By Paul[_26_]
What B450 MB for ryzen 2200g + 2x4GB kingston hiperx predator?

MaxTheFast wrote:
Thanks for your explanation and experience. As you could guess I'm very newbie and it's my first PC build.

Now I see I've made a mistake when I got 3200mhz ram instead of the...
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors Yesterday, 08:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Posted By Paul[_26_]
What B450 MB for ryzen 2200g + 2x4GB kingston hiperx predator?

MaxTheFast wrote:
Hi all,
I'm building a desktop pc with amd ryzen 2200g. I was going to buy a MSI B450-a pro MB so I had already bought a 2x4GB kit kingston hiperx predator @3200mhz cl16 ram...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's Yesterday, 07:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

On 2019-01-19 10:43, Chris wrote:
Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:

Can a class-action suit be filed to US Court to force Micro$oft to
extend its...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 18th 19, 01:46 AM Posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Lengthen the life of Windows 7 using the legal system

Char Jackson wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jan 2019 23:07:23 +0000, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
wrote:

In message [email protected], Johnny
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 9th 19, 02:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Posted By Paul[_26_]
All I wanted was just to use that M.2 socket

Anssi Saari wrote:
Paul writes:

Sounds like you have plenty of storage now.
And with the recent price drops, this is as good
a time as any to stock up.

Forum: Asus Motherboards January 9th 19, 02:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Posted By Paul[_26_]
All I wanted was just to use that M.2 socket

Bill Anderson wrote:

Yep. I'd bumped it.

And now that both PCIe M.2 drives are seated firmly in their sockets
they're working nicely and I have new big speedy drive for storage and
all...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 7th 19, 03:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Cookies lag your browser

wrote:
On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 1:22:23 AM UTC+1, Char Jackson wrote:
On Sat, 5 Jan 2019 17:58:13 -0500, Bill wrote:

Forum: Asus Motherboards January 6th 19, 10:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Posted By Paul[_26_]
All I wanted was just to use that M.2 socket

Bill Anderson wrote:
I have an Asus Prime X299-A board with an i7-7820X 8-core processor
loaded with six various sized SATA drives plus a 500GB Samsung 960 PCIe
3.0 x4, NVMe 1.2 EVO drive...
Forum: General January 6th 19, 11:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Paul[_26_]
What is the potential value of a used 400W ATX power suppy.

Norm X wrote:
I have a PC box with the same MOBO since 2008, ten years. Every other
component has been upgraded , serviced or replaced. With patience,
technology improves and new parts are...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 6th 19, 11:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Congratulations to Creative Labs X-Fi Elite Pro 7.1 SoundblasterBEST ELECTRONICS PRODUCT of the last 13 years.

wrote:
Hello,

I really need to go to sleep and I am very tired and sleepy but I just occured to me...
I was thinking about and counting all the components that...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 6th 19, 01:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Advice on BluRay burners and media

Jim wrote:
On 05/01/2019 17:48, Plasspec wrote:
I was doing what you are talking about until a year ago. Reason I
quit was I went through 3 differnet drives within 4 years. Different
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 6th 19, 01:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Advice on BluRay burners and media

Jim wrote:
On 05/01/2019 08:33, Paul wrote:
Even hard drives soon, by design, won't have "longevity". The
industry seems to be headed towards an "all-Helium" future.
My favorite...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 6th 19, 12:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Why is side left and subwoofer swapped for 7.1 in windows 7 ?BUG BUG !!!

wrote:
https://documentation.help/Creative-X-FI-TSD-9846-0xC839EF1F/documentation.pdf

PDF 83 of 93.

7.1 setup, two of the Lineout connectors have a total of...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 5th 19, 09:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Why is side left and subwoofer swapped for 7.1 in windows 7 ?BUG BUG !!!

wrote:
I connected pretty much everything as described he

https://www.creative.com/oem/resources/soundcards/sb046x.pdf

And all connections connected to the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 5th 19, 09:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Advice on BluRay burners and media

Jim wrote:
Hi everyone, so i have been backing up data/movies to DVD for years and
it's served me well, i know many will say optical drives and media are
dead but i'm in the camp that does...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 29th 18, 06:35 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
too-fast RAM will not work?

wrote:
I received a feeble PC - AMD E2 CPU with a jogging 1866 speed memory
controller. Hoping that I could improve it somehow, I stuck in a second
DDR4 DIMM. The spare I had...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 27th 18, 10:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Phone does not work properly. (Telefoon werkt niet goed.)

Char Jackson wrote:
On Thu, 27 Dec 2018 00:27:42 -0500, Paul wrote:

When I got VOIP, the two week period while I still
had a conventional phone, as well as the VOIP...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 27th 18, 06:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Phone does not work properly. (Telefoon werkt niet goed.)

wrote:
English (google assisted translation):

Hey,

My phone does not work well according to my family.

(Old wire telephone connected to cable modem for...
Forum: General December 25th 18, 12:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Paul[_26_]
No Broadband, but Wifi Still Works

M.L. wrote:

Wi-fi "working" could mean lots of different things. For example, maybe
the phones can connect via wi-fi to the modem but the users haven't yet
tested that they can...
Forum: General December 25th 18, 04:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Paul[_26_]
No Broadband, but Wifi Still Works

Mike S wrote:
On 12/24/2018 2:31 PM, John McGaw wrote:
On 12/23/2018 11:05 PM, M.L. wrote:

The broadband light on the Arris NVG510 is blinking red on an
Ethernet-connected Win10...
Forum: General December 25th 18, 02:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

VanguardLH wrote:
John McGaw wrote:

On 12/23/2018 11:05 PM, M.L. wrote:
The broadband light on the Arris NVG510 is blinking red on an
Ethernet-connected Win10 desktop computer....
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 24th 18, 03:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
What's the difference between these two memories ?

Shadow wrote:

Last night I synched my time, turned off my network, closed
windows. When I started up today I opened Wireshark, turned the
network back on and time was spot-on (nothing...
Forum: General December 24th 18, 02:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Paul[_26_]
No Broadband, but Wifi Still Works

VanguardLH wrote:
M.L. wrote:

VOIP service is separate from Internet service. That's why when you
call to report an outage they ask if the other service still works (to
know the physical...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 24th 18, 01:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Shadow wrote:
On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 10:23:14 -0200, Shadow wrote:

https://www.kabum.com.br/produto/50758/memoria-kingston-hyperx-fury-4gb-1866mhz-ddr3-cl10-red-hx318c10fr-4