Search: Posts made by: ~misfit~[_16_]
Forum: General July 13th 18, 12:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
SOCHOX 8GB DDR2 PC2-6400 800Mhz DIMM AMD

Once upon a time on usenet Norm X wrote:
"~misfit~" wrote in message
Once upon a time on usenet Norm X wrote:
"Paul" ...
Forum: General May 24th 18, 11:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
WD My Passport problem

Once upon a time on usenet MikeS wrote:
On 21/05/2018 19:52, Newsworthy wrote:
On Mon, 21 May 2018 14:15:52 -0400, Paul wrote:

Newsworthy wrote:
Can anyone tell me what is going on...
Forum: General April 6th 18, 01:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
SOCHOX 8GB DDR2 PC2-6400 800Mhz DIMM AMD

Once upon a time on usenet Norm X wrote:
"Paul" wrote
[massive snippage]
Paul

The Intel Q9650 arrived and its performance is well worth the price.
I tried the SOCHOX 8GB DDR2...
Forum: General February 13th 18, 04:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
1st Daily Start Sound

Once upon a time on usenet wrote:
Dell Inspiron about 6 yrars old. First startup or waking from sleep,
in a given day, and the CD drive is "jazzed" up then coasts back...
Forum: General February 9th 18, 03:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
nVidia GPU reccomendadtion please.

Once upon a time on usenet VanguardLH wrote:
It's been awhile but I recall long ago that video games were sometimes
skewed to a particular hardware and driver feature set. Back then,
video...
Forum: General February 8th 18, 10:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
nVidia GPU reccomendadtion please.

Once upon a time on usenet VanguardLH wrote:
What I've noticed about GPU model numbers is you want the high-end in
each range. The low-end is equivalent to mid-range in the lower
number...
Forum: General February 8th 18, 01:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

~misfit~ wrote:

Once upon a time on usenet VanguardLH wrote:
misfit wrote:

I'm running an ATI HD7770 (with a QX9650 CPU) but the game...
Forum: General February 8th 18, 01:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
nVidia GPU reccomendadtion please.

Once upon a time on usenet VanguardLH wrote:
misfit wrote:

VanguardLH wrote:

misfit wrote:

I'm running an ATI HD7770 (with a QX9650 CPU) but the game I play
is getting...
Forum: General February 7th 18, 03:36 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

misfit wrote:

I'm running an ATI HD7770 (with a QX9650 CPU) but the game I play is
getting more and more complex. Also apparently it's better...
Forum: General February 7th 18, 03:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

Once upon a time on usenet Paul wrote:
~misfit~ wrote:
I'm running an ATI HD7770 (with a QX9650 CPU) but the game I play is
getting more and more complex. Also apparently it's better...
Forum: General February 7th 18, 02:38 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

misfit wrote:

I'm running an ATI HD7770 (with a QX9650 CPU) but the game I play is
getting more and more complex. Also apparently it's better...
Forum: General February 6th 18, 08:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
nVidia GPU reccomendadtion please.

I'm running an ATI HD7770 (with a QX9650 CPU) but the game I play is getting
more and more complex. Also apparently it's better optimised for nVidia
cards rather than ATI / AMD.

So I need an...
Forum: General January 6th 18, 04:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
"Ethical" Printer?

Once upon a time on usenet Norm X wrote:
"Norm X" wrote in message

I've been using an HP Photosmart color inkjet for a...
Forum: General January 3rd 18, 01:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
"Ethical" Printer?

Once upon a time on usenet philo wrote:
On 01/01/2018 11:13 PM, ~misfit~ wrote:
I've just junked yet another inkjet printer for parts (PSU mainly)
and, as with the last one I see that there...
Forum: General January 3rd 18, 01:02 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
"Ethical" Printer?

Once upon a time on usenet wrote:
On Tue, 2 Jan 2018 07:09:30 -0500, John McGaw wrote:

On 1/2/2018 12:13 AM, ~misfit~ wrote:
I've just junked yet...
Forum: General January 3rd 18, 01:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
"Ethical" Printer?

Once upon a time on usenet John McGaw wrote:
On 1/2/2018 12:13 AM, ~misfit~ wrote:
I've just junked yet another inkjet printer for parts (PSU mainly)
and, as with the last one I see that...
Forum: General January 2nd 18, 11:26 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
"Ethical" Printer?

"~misfit~" wrote in message
I've just junked yet another inkjet printer for parts (PSU...
Forum: General January 2nd 18, 11:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
"Ethical" Printer?

~misfit~ wrote:
I've just junked yet another inkjet printer for parts (PSU mainly)
and, as with the last one I see that there is more ink in the
Forum: General January 2nd 18, 05:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
"Ethical" Printer?

I've just junked yet another inkjet printer for parts (PSU mainly) and, as
with the last one I see that there is more ink in the silicone tubes that go
to the waste sponge and dried into the sponge...
Forum: Ati Videocards August 20th 17, 01:36 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 0
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
Second-hand reccomendation wanted...

Hi, gamer on a tight budget here. I've been buying 2 - 3 year old cards for
a while now. My previous was a 5670 and have been running a 7770 for a
while. I haven't keep up with GPU news for ages,...
Forum: General July 9th 17, 07:24 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.hardware
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
usb- micro-b and his friends

Once upon a time on usenet micky wrote:
In microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, on Sun, 25 Jun 2017 11:30:34
-0400, John McGaw wrote:

On 6/24/2017 7:40 PM, Paul wrote:
Forum: General July 9th 17, 07:19 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.hardware
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
usb- micro-b and his friends

Once upon a time on usenet John McGaw wrote:
On 6/25/2017 1:03 PM, Paul wrote:
Was this a camcorder perhaps ?

No, regular still cameras of the 'G' series ranging from G1 up to G11.
Canon's...
Forum: General May 22nd 17, 01:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
"new" computer

Once upon a time on usenet Paul wrote:
[snipped]
On a USB3 Flash stick (which mates with that connector),
there are four "lands" near the front (for USB2 electrical
connection) as well as five...
Forum: Overclocking April 7th 17, 04:03 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 17
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
Overclock 6700K Max Temps Prime95 Small FFT

On 2017-02-10 22:42, B00ze wrote:

So I took the plunge - I had to open the desktop and move some hard
drives around, so I took...
Forum: General August 20th 16, 12:41 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
One more HP question