Search: Posts made by: Norm X[_2_]
Forum: General January 13th 19, 01:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
Pleasant surprise

Maybe I should explain how I did this. Go to System Properties. At the
top of the virtual memory page is a button, "Automatically manage paging
file size for all drives". Uncheck this...
Forum: General January 6th 19, 01:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
What is the potential value of a used 400W ATX power suppy.

I have a PC box with the same MOBO since 2008, ten years. Every other
component has been upgraded , serviced or replaced. With patience,
technology improves and new parts are better and cheaper. My...
Forum: General December 24th 18, 01:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
Pleasant surprise

[snippage]

Paul

Maybe I should explain how I did this. Go to System Properties. At the top
of the virtual memory page is a button, "Automatically manage paging file
size for all...
Forum: General December 22nd 18, 11:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
Pleasant surprise

[snippage]
I have two SATA SSD's in my Win10 desktop PC, 250 & 500 GB. I did not
expect
Win10 to allow it but I tried and it worked. I created a pagefile.sys
on
each...
Forum: General December 22nd 18, 09:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
Pleasant surprise

"Norm X" wrote in message
"Mike S" wrote in message
On 12/17/2018 5:30...
Forum: General December 20th 18, 03:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
Pleasant surprise

"Mike S" wrote in message
On 12/17/2018 5:30 PM, Norm X wrote:
Hi All,

I have two SATA SSD's in my Win10 desktop PC, 250 & 500 GB. I...
Forum: General December 18th 18, 02:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
Pleasant surprise

Hi All,

I have two SATA SSD's in my Win10 desktop PC, 250 & 500 GB. I did not expect
Win10 to allow it but I tried and it worked. I created a pagefile.sys on
each drive. It noticeably speeded up...
Forum: General July 12th 18, 06:07 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
SOCHOX 8GB DDR2 PC2-6400 800Mhz DIMM AMD

"~misfit~" wrote in message
Once upon a time on usenet Norm X wrote:
"Paul" wrote
[massive snippage]
Paul

The...
Forum: General May 14th 18, 10:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
GTX950 GPU, Windows10

Hi,

Task manager tells me that Winows10 is using my GTX950 at all times. GPU
usage is maybe 4% with 0.8/4GB memory in use. Naturally I am pleased. But
what tasks could the OS assign to the GPU...
Forum: General April 4th 18, 01:38 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
SOCHOX 8GB DDR2 PC2-6400 800Mhz DIMM AMD

"Paul" wrote
[massive snippage]
Paul

The Intel Q9650 arrived and its performance is well worth the price. I tried
the SOCHOX 8GB DDR2 PC2-6400 800Mhz DIMM AMD RAM and it still won't boot....
Forum: General February 24th 18, 12:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
SOCHOX 8GB DDR2 PC2-6400 800Mhz DIMM AMD

"Paul" wrote
[snippage]
Actually, you can get "cheap" LGA2066 processors.

https://ark.intel.com/products/121499/Intel-Core-i7-7740X-X-series-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_50-GHz

The good...
Forum: General January 30th 18, 06:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
Reallocated Sectors Count

Hi,
I have a Microsoft SS software RAID with two hard drives. Now
CrystalDiskInfo says the raw count for Reallocated Sectors Count is 2 on one
HDD. I like to get some lead time so I can purchase a...
Forum: General January 6th 18, 02:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
"Ethical" Printer?

"Norm X" wrote in message

I've been using an HP Photosmart color inkjet for a decade. When I was
using it less frequently, I...
Forum: General January 2nd 18, 07:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
"Ethical" Printer?

"~misfit~" wrote in message
I've just junked yet another inkjet printer for parts (PSU mainly) and, as
with the last one I see...
Forum: General January 2nd 18, 01:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
SOCHOX 8GB DDR2 PC2-6400 800Mhz DIMM AMD

"Paul" wrote in message
Norm X wrote:
Happy New Year,

My old Intel MOBO has accepted many upgrades but is stuck at 4GB RAM.
Forum: General January 2nd 18, 12:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

"VanguardLH" wrote in message
Norm X wrote:

Happy New Year,

My old Intel MOBO has accepted many upgrades but is stuck at 4GB RAM.
Forum: General January 1st 18, 07:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
SOCHOX 8GB DDR2 PC2-6400 800Mhz DIMM AMD

Happy New Year,

My old Intel MOBO has accepted many upgrades but is stuck at 4GB RAM. Even
though prohibited, Win10 works reliably on one stick SOCHOX 4GB 667MHz DDR2
AMD, the past couple of...
Forum: General May 1st 17, 02:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 15
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
Complaint about Microsoft criminal misuse of Telephone system

"burfordTjustice" wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Jan 2017 19:22:14 -0500
"...winston" wrote:

Not true.

Forum: General May 1st 17, 02:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
wireless mouse not working

I have a Nexxtech wireless mouse. It has stopped working on my Win10Pro
desktop PC even after reboot. It worked before. I have moved it to this
WinXP netbook where it works fine. I'm using...
Forum: General April 13th 17, 06:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
New thread

Careful study of the M1640 manual images says I want to know more about
the ITE 8718FX, near the DIMM slots. ITE is a fabless company in Taiwan,
8718FX is the IC ID. When I do Google...
Forum: General April 3rd 17, 09:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
New thread

[massive snippage]
Careful study of the M1640 manual images says I want to know more about
the ITE 8718FX, near the DIMM slots. ITE is a fabless company in Taiwan,
8718FX is the IC ID. When I...
Forum: General April 3rd 17, 09:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
New thread

[major snippage]
Thanks Paul, I've narrowed my search to two old tools that only work
on WinXP to Win7, MemSet41 and CPU-Tweaker. I've copied them to my
BartPE dongle....
Forum: General April 3rd 17, 03:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
New thread

[massive snippage]
Now, only tweaking RAM voltage is expeditious. Given that the chips in
question are tiny, I need a circuit diagram for the MCP73VE MOBO and
details on whatever IMC is used....
Forum: General April 3rd 17, 03:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
New thread

[major snippage]
Thanks Paul, I've narrowed my search to two old tools that only work on
WinXP to Win7, MemSet41 and CPU-Tweaker. I've copied them to my BartPE
dongle. When it is...
Forum: General April 1st 17, 09:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 15
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
Complaint about Microsoft criminal misuse of Telephone system

[snip]
Long ago, I came to the conclusion that Microsoft is sleazy with money. I
needed to cancel a credit card, the only way to terminate recurrent
charges. At one point the Supreme Court...