Search: Posts made by: Rick F
Forum: Compaq Servers September 21st 09, 06:20 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 0
Posted By Rick F
Anyone know how to hot-wire a 6400R CPU fan for a few minutes while Isnarf a file of it?

We had a power surge over the weekend and it took out a CPU fan on my
Proliant 6400R -- apparently the replacement parts are starting to get
a bit scarce on these models and I can't find an easy &...
Forum: Compaq Servers February 19th 09, 01:58 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 2
Posted By Rick F
What linux distributions are you using?

On Feb 17, 9:29*am, Rick F wrote:
I'm currently running Fedora 6 (FC6) and it works fine but I'll be
moving to something a bit newer within the next
week or two and...
Forum: Compaq Servers February 17th 09, 05:29 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 2
Posted By Rick F
What linux distributions are you using?

I'm currently running Fedora 6 (FC6) and it works fine but I'll be
moving to something a bit newer within the next
week or two and thought I'd ask what else is out there that can
support the...
Forum: Compaq Servers January 3rd 08, 05:24 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Posted By Rick F
Anyone have a DL360 G2 to sell real cheap?

On Jan 3, 6:11 am, "Jez T"
wrote:
"msg" wrote

I think Jez T has posted in the recent past...

I tend to stick to technical...
Forum: Compaq Servers November 2nd 07, 06:41 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 5
Posted By Rick F
Any reason to NOT get a use Proliant DL580?

On Nov 1, 11:07 am, "Will" wrote:
"Rick F" wrote in message

On Oct 28,...
Forum: Compaq Servers October 29th 07, 10:25 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 5
Posted By Rick F
Any reason to NOT get a use Proliant DL580?

On Oct 28, 12:53 am, "Jez T"
wrote:
900Mhz = DL580 G1.

Don't hold your breath on a reduction in power consumption. Rather, work out
how much it will cost...
Forum: Compaq Servers October 26th 07, 10:42 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 5
Posted By Rick F
Any reason to NOT get a use Proliant DL580?

Someone locally is selling a used DL580 for $80.. It's populated w/
2Gb of RAM, and two 900Mhz Xeon processors.. The only thing I don't
know about yet is what generation machine it is.. Anyway,...
Forum: Compaq Servers August 28th 07, 09:59 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Posted By Rick F
OT request

On Aug 28, 1:46 pm, (Heimo Hetl) wrote:
Rick F wrote:
Anyway, I was looking for a good rock-solid gigabit
switch and rock-solid router.. I'm hoping...
Forum: Compaq Servers August 28th 07, 05:32 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Posted By Rick F
OT request

Nevermind.. I've decided to get a Cisco 2801 or 1841
router.. Seems that both are still supported h/w by
Cisco and should be equally overkill for home use (8-

Hi LC- et-al! You guys are being...
Forum: Compaq Servers August 23rd 07, 07:29 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Posted By Rick F
OT request

Hi all.. I've been away for a while now..
I'm hoping that some of you can help me with my selection..
I'm working on a remodel at home and am wiring the place w/
CAT5e for gigabit ethernet.. I've got...
Forum: Compaq Servers July 10th 07, 12:26 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Posted By Rick F
Slightly OT question about network setup..

On Jul 9, 4:01 pm, VinceV wrote:
Rick,

Check out M0n0wall. (www.m0n0.ch) Its a freeBSD Based firewall/
router that meets all of the criteria that you listed.

Its designed...
Forum: Compaq Servers July 9th 07, 08:17 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Posted By Rick F
Slightly OT question about network setup..

Hi all.. I've got a question for you if you feel the need to reply..
We're working on a house remodel and we're about a month
into the project (demo is all done and framing is coming soon).

Anyway,...