Search: Posts made by: Justin[_14_]
Forum: Storage (alt) November 23rd 15, 08:28 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Posted By Justin[_14_]
Error copying file with UDF on Windows 7

I have a 16GB USB3 jump drive and I get the following error when
copying files off the drive. "The file name you specified is not valid
or too long. Specify a different file name"

Obviously the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 18th 12, 02:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Justin[_14_]
PC runs V E R Y S L O W after coming out of retirement

On 12/15/2012 8:50 PM, BW wrote:
SNIP

Obviously your laptop is a baby-boomer.
Forum: Dell Computers December 5th 12, 09:43 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Posted By Justin[_14_]
Encryption Accelerators?

Do any of Dell's Precision laptops have encryption accelerator chips
built in? Is that the same as the TPM (Trusted Platform Module)?

Justin
Forum: Dell Computers December 4th 12, 06:56 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Posted By Justin[_14_]
Best WWAN card for M6500?

forgetting about all the other bull**** issues I had... what would be a
good WWAN mini-PCI card for a Precision M6500? I figure I'll get an
unlocked card no matter what the brand. My intention...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 23rd 12, 01:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,rec.arts.movies.past-films
Posted By Justin[_14_]
OT How and where are dreams rendered?

On 11/21/2012 5:04 PM, John Doe wrote:
You ever wonder about that. Obviously we have the ability to
visualize graphically without actually seeing through our eyes. So
it must be rendered...
Forum: Dell Computers November 21st 12, 03:31 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Posted By Justin[_14_]
Intel ProSet Wireless on 5000 series cards wedging itself, fix

On 11/21/2012 7:49 AM, Ron Hardin wrote:
A constant problem for us is Intel wireless geting
wedged in an impossible state, which has to be
fixed by disabling and reenabling the wireless
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 20th 12, 04:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,free.UseNet,free.spam,free.spirit
Posted By Justin[_14_]
Gigabyte motherboards designed in Taipei

On 11/19/2012 2:30 PM, John Doe wrote:
George Bush Junior also helped ship 8 million jobs to communist
China slave labor factories. But this Luddite doesn't care about
putting its fellow...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 20th 12, 01:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Justin[_14_]
ExpressCard still used?

On 11/20/2012 2:01 AM, Paul wrote:
Justin wrote:
On 11/19/2012 9:57 PM, Paul wrote:
Justin wrote:
On 11/19/2012 7:42 PM, Paul wrote:
Justin wrote:
On 11/19/2012 2:42 PM,...
Forum: Dell Computers November 20th 12, 05:19 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Posted By Justin[_14_]
Win 8 BIG dissapointment for MS

On 11/19/2012 2:34 AM, Steve W. wrote:
Justin wrote:
On 11/18/2012 8:52 PM, Ron Hardin wrote:
I'm sticking with XP, with a 2005 version
of Cygwin. It makes me immune from idiot...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 20th 12, 05:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Justin[_14_]
ExpressCard still used?

Justin wrote:
On 11/19/2012 7:42 PM, Paul wrote:
Justin wrote:
On 11/19/2012 2:42 PM, Mike Easter wrote:
Justin wrote:
Is ExpressCard...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 20th 12, 02:46 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Justin[_14_]
ExpressCard still used?

Justin wrote:
On 11/19/2012 2:42 PM, Mike Easter wrote:
Justin wrote:
Is ExpressCard still being used for anything worthwhile? I know it was
Forum: Dell Computers November 20th 12, 02:40 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 17
Posted By Justin[_14_]
Precision M6500 - screen shut off

On 11/9/2012 1:20 PM, Ron Hardin wrote:
Ben Myers wrote:
Is anything reliable with Windows?

It's 99.99% reliable. It's just that we all keep stumbling across the 0.01% regularly......
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 19th 12, 10:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Justin[_14_]
ExpressCard still used?

Justin wrote:
Is ExpressCard still being used for anything worthwhile? I know it was
intended to replace PCMCIA, but everything seems to be USB3...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 19th 12, 05:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Justin[_14_]
ExpressCard still used?

Is ExpressCard still being used for anything worthwhile? I know it was
intended to replace PCMCIA, but everything seems to be USB3 now.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 19th 12, 01:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Justin[_14_]
Spamboys are at it again

On 11/13/2012 6:05 PM, Flasherly wrote:
Amazon is calling, from a remote server, through, to initiate my OE.

Nice.

That's with no contact, on my system, with the message on their
system,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 19th 12, 01:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Justin[_14_]
Gigabyte motherboards designed in Taipei

On 11/19/2012 6:08 AM, John Doe wrote:
That's what it says, printed on the motherboard, like they're
proud of it.

Our "greed is good, jobs Americans won't do" manufacturers and
ruling class...
Forum: Dell Computers November 19th 12, 05:03 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Posted By Justin[_14_]
Win 8 BIG dissapointment for MS

On 11/18/2012 8:52 PM, Ron Hardin wrote:
I'm sticking with XP, with a 2005 version
of Cygwin. It makes me immune from idiot graduate
students fussing with compilers.

Note the header on...
Forum: Dell Computers November 18th 12, 11:24 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Posted By Justin[_14_]
Win 8 BIG dissapointment for MS

On 11/18/2012 5:46 PM, Steve W. wrote:
CEO Steve Ballmer has already said that Microsoft sold 4 million Windows
8 upgrades in the first weekend after its debut, but it seems like sales
of the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 16th 12, 03:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Justin[_14_]
Upgrade Hard Drive - transfer data & partitions

On 11/15/2012 9:26 PM, Flasherly wrote:
On Nov 15, 5:36 pm, wrote:

I was running with 4 DVDs and 4 HDs in towers not long ago,
thankfully, until the...
Forum: Dell Computers November 15th 12, 10:39 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Posted By Justin[_14_]
Latitude 6500's Outlet

On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 14:26:50 -0500, Ron Hardin
wrote:

There's a huge supply of reduced price Latitude
6500's at the Dell Outlet (small business)

Get the 20% off...
Forum: Dell Computers November 15th 12, 10:37 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Posted By Justin[_14_]
Dell T7600 on eBay?

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 01:31:38 -0800, "W"
wrote:

eBay normally has a good selection of Dell Precision Workstations. I
noticed that the latest series T7600 never shows...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 15th 12, 10:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Justin[_14_]
Upgrade Hard Drive - transfer data & partitions

On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 13:54:09 -0800 (PST), Flasherly
wrote:

On Nov 15, 11:54 am, Justin wrote:
On 11/14/2012 11:48 PM, Flasherly...
Forum: Dell Computers November 15th 12, 07:49 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.windows7.general
Posted By Justin[_14_]
Scroll With Two Fingers?

On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 14:48:04 -0000, "Dave-UK" wrote:

"Justin" wrote in message ...
I have Windows 7 on my Dell...
Forum: Dell Computers November 15th 12, 04:56 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Posted By Justin[_14_]
Refurbished Precisions?

Where does Dell show its current inventory of Refurbs? I can't seem to
find them on their main site.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 15th 12, 04:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Justin[_14_]
Upgrade Hard Drive - transfer data & partitions

On 11/14/2012 11:48 PM, Flasherly wrote:
On Nov 14, 11:00 pm, wrote:

Those downloads pretty much suck.
Acronis would not install. It kept saying the...