Search: Posts made by: Paul[_26_]
Forum: Homebuilt PC's Yesterday, 03:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
What's the difference between these two memories ?

Shadow wrote:
https://www.kabum.com.br/produto/50758/memoria-kingston-hyperx-fury-4gb-1866mhz-ddr3-cl10-red-hx318c10fr-4
Forum: Homebuilt PC's Yesterday, 03:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
PCIe , Was: Updating an XP box

Bill wrote:

I think there is an option in the BIOS concerning how well that you want
your memory to be "checked" when the system is booted. The entire
purpose of that option is to be able...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's Yesterday, 07:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
PCIe , Was: Updating an XP box

Flasherly wrote:
On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 00:50:38 -0500, Flasherly
wrote:

Given that resource on your MB ...

-
The one caveat, since XP is perhaps indirectly...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's Yesterday, 05:38 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
PCIe , Was: Updating an XP box

Bill wrote:

Paul, Thank you for your detailed explanation. I got the point!
Maybe some details besides speed will emerge about these two
technologies. I've learned about the 4 or so types...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's Yesterday, 01:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
PCIe , Was: Updating an XP box

Bill wrote:
Flasherly wrote:

And I'd need the real experience of running both PCIe Gen3x2 M.2
against SATA SSD for an impression of applicable benefits.

Since you brought it up, and...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's Yesterday, 12:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Two different specs for same model number, what's going on here?

wrote:
Two different specs for same E-VGA GT 1030 low profile, passive card:

https://s.eet.eu/icmedia/mmo_37253349_1502696062_1431_5986.pdf

vs

Forum: General December 10th 18, 07:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Paul[_26_]
What am I doing wrong?

wrote:
On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 10:21:01 -0500, wrote:

On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 05:49:33 -0500, wrote:

On Sun, 09 Dec 2018 20:06:51 -0500,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 10th 18, 07:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Dropped "Full"-DVI-I vs DVI-D-support-only for GT 1030 is painfull/mistake.(Thx to convertors still interesting though)

wrote:
Oh I was wrong about this/confused. The HDMI to VGA converter was limited to 1920x1080 which is a non issue cause vga monitor is 1280x1024 or something like that.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 10th 18, 07:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Updating an XP box

pheasant16 wrote:

The tech days have given way to other middle age distractions. :)

OK, so the selection method would be:

1) Buy an SSD, plug into a Southbridge port and test.
Store some...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 10th 18, 03:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Dropped "Full"-DVI-I vs DVI-D-support-only for GT 1030 is painfull/mistake.(Thx to convertors still interesting though)

wrote:
I just did some tests in Firefox, Opera and Windows Media Player, with Battlefield 5 movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk_t2Ijn6I8&t=527s

I would pull a...
Forum: General December 9th 18, 11:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Paul[_26_]
What am I doing wrong?

wrote:
On Sun, 09 Dec 2018 15:26:48 -0500, Paul

On Sun, 9 Dec 2018 11:39:39 -0500, John McGaw ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 9th 18, 11:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Dropped "Full"-DVI-I vs DVI-D-support-only for GT 1030 is painfull/mistake.(Thx to convertors still interesting though)

wrote:

Though I kinda wanna make a purchase decision but I am getting tired...

Will post pone till later... getting a bit depressed by this youtube changing video...
Forum: General December 9th 18, 09:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Paul[_26_]
What am I doing wrong?

wrote:
On Sun, 9 Dec 2018 11:39:39 -0500, John McGaw wrote:

On 12/9/2018 10:43 AM, wrote:
I am trying to fire up this W7 PC to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 9th 18, 09:15 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
New Windows 7 and 8.1 ISOs Now Available for Download

wrote:
Now all others have to ask a question:

Why is a Chinese guy asking as to install new Windows version LOL ?!

Maybe the Chinese have a TAB on the NSA TOO...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 9th 18, 09:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Updating an XP box

Paul wrote:
pheasant16 wrote:
Have an old box using XP with 5 hard drives full of data that needs
updating due to financial website issues and XP.

Would it be possible to add Win 7 or...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 9th 18, 08:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Updating an XP box

pheasant16 wrote:
Have an old box using XP with 5 hard drives full of data that needs
updating due to financial website issues and XP.

Would it be possible to add Win 7 or 10 on an SSD in...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 9th 18, 07:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
is new memory incompatible? Why?

Boris wrote:

This is definitely weird. Do you have the owner's manual? If so, what
does it say about adding memory, if anything?

The 1.35V versus 1.5V issue isn't normally addressed in
a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 9th 18, 03:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
is new memory incompatible? Why?

Ron Eggler wrote:

Thanks a lot guys! I got them running now, the situation:

The mother board has 4 slots, two are colored blue & the other two black (I'll want to find out why that is),...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 8th 18, 08:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
is new memory incompatible? Why?

mike wrote:
On 12/7/2018 7:28 PM, wrote:
On Friday, December 7, 2018 at 6:01:08 PM UTC-8,
wrote:
Hi,

I've acquired 2x4GB new memory from...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 8th 18, 06:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

wrote:
On Friday, December 7, 2018 at 6:01:08 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Hi,

I've acquired 2x4GB new memory from Crucial as I found it to be compatible with...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 7th 18, 02:11 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Thick/Fat Cylinders on HDMI cables ? What is it ? What does itdo ?

wrote:
Searching google for cylinder on cables turned up some answers:

https://superuser.com/questions/217772/what-is-that-cylinder-on-cables

Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 6th 18, 07:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
HDMI in-ports vs HDMI out-ports (possibly related to damagedmonitor HDMI OUT to OUT)

wrote:
Here is my question:

Why does the Denon A/V Receiver 1909 have a difference in labelling at the back ?

At the back there are 4 HDMI ports, all of same...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 6th 18, 06:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Copieing 60.000 items from Windows Live Mail extreme performancedegradation

wrote:

But thanks for your tips, they were a bit interesting ! =D

Especially the perfmon... it does show "total disk performance"...
something which resource monitor...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 5th 18, 07:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Copieing 60.000 items from Windows Live Mail extreme performancedegradation

wrote:
Disabling the mouse is done by clicking on the title bar of cmd.exe window and going to properties and disabling "quick edit mode".

Quick edit mode is insane.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 5th 18, 07:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Funny - Spectre 32" Monitor

Flasherly wrote:
On Wed, 05 Dec 2018 11:41:43 -0500, Paul
wrote:

The Walmart protection plan is 3 years for $11.