Old November 11th 03, 11:37 PM
hlee

Default Uninstalling Direct CD

Thanks for the help! Ahh, my games still don't work. I heard that Direct CD
really gets embedded into the OS, not sure how, but it's deeper than the
registry and in folders.

Anybody know how to hack it??

"smh" wrote in message
. --------------------------------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

hlee wrote:

Hi, this is my first post here...I tried searching for this answer but
couldn't find any.

Anyway, I installed EZ Cd Creator 5.0 with Direct CD and now my games

such
as Raven Shield and Rogue Spear go into the BSOD during gameplay. I'm

using
some crack to make it think there's a CD in there. Anyway, I

uninstalled EZ
and Direct CD and my games still don't work. I heard that Direct CD is

the
culprit and it really buries itself within WinXP.

Does anybody know how to truly clean it out, I don't want a single trace

of
DirectCD on my system? Are there any websites that have instructions on

how
to do this? I've tried reinstalling my secondary IDE, DirectX 9.0, the
actual games, I even repaired WinXP and nothing worked. I'm stumped.

Please help! Thanks!

How do I cleanly uninstall / reinstall Easy CD Creator 5.xx in Windows
XP?
http://www.plextor.com/english/support/faqs/SW00018.htm

Follow the procedure in the above, and then use ROXIZAP:
http://softwareupdates.roxio.com/gm/...ls/roxizap.exe