Old January 9th 05, 10:15 PM
MikeJohnes

Default Prime95

Hello.
I don't know whether this is the correct group to post to.
But I decided to use the 'torture test' of the program Prime95 to test the
stability of a computer but it doesn't get past the first test. It doesn't
fail. It just doesn't do anything. It says it's working through Test 1 but
it never moves on to Test 2 even after several hours.
I tried the 3 different types of torture test and it never moves on.

When I tried to run the test on another computer it only takes a few mins to
complete the first test, then a few seconds to complete each of the others.
By searching the internet and usegroups I found that this is what is meant
to happen and seems to be everyone elses experience.

Does anyone know how I can get this program to work on this computer.
The specs a-
Pentium 4 2.6Ghz
1500MB Ram
ATI Radeon 9800Pro