Old May 5th 15, 09:35 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
VanguardLH[_2_]

Default I want this Intel tin

Jim wrote:

https://youtu.be/k2R6bwxQqs8?t=24m13s
Its probably fake like this video though. Registered version of WinZip
who's he trying to fool. :P

Did you see the ancient gear in the background as he opened the package?
Looks like a pile of "junk" as the author states before the timemark you
gave that he got from a collector. So it's a bunch of old stuff that
someone decided to clean out of their basement or garage, or the
collector died and his family decided to get rid of junk that this guy
sees as gold.

You thought a round tin labelled "Intel" was fake? Since the collector
has been collecting junk for decades (perhaps 3 decades since there was
an IBM PC AT in the background), how do you know that Intel never
delivered anything in a round tin with their logo on it that the
collector decided to use for anti-static storage of an old 486DX CPU? I
got rid of my old Pentium 100 (circa '94) a few months ago.

Some folks still like playing really old games, like Zork (the very
first one where you entered commands in a [DOS] console window to travel
blind through a unseen maze and had to remember how to get where you
were; see http://tinyurl.com/lpd6hj9 for example screen), which means
having the really old platform (hardware and OS) on which to play it.

I wasn't going to spend 40 minutes to watch the entire video to figure
out what the hell you were whining about regarding WinZip. Presumably
somewhere in the video the guy found some installation media for WinZip
and it or he mentioned it was registered? And your point is what? That
you are ignorant that WinZip was always a commercial product you had to
PAY for to have a legit license of it? 1989 is a bit too long for me to
remember if Nico Mak ever released a free version of WinZip. As I
recall, WinZip was always shareware. What, you don't understand the
concept of shareware and that you're expected to PAY for it (which often
involves registration) if you continue using it past the trial period?