Old October 14th 06, 03:31 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Default New Printer Reccomendation Wanted: Color & Quiet

Canon IP4300 is quiet and can be made quieter by placing it in quiet
mode. You will loose some speed in that mode.

Gary wrote:

I have an HP InkJet 5550 that I'm mostly happy with.

Only problem is that sometimes (like now) I wake up
in the middle of the night and work. And this thing makes
so much noise with the head going back and forth and the
paper handling, I feel like I'm waking-up the entire house.

Any decent color printers being made that are quiet.

I'd rather stick the the inexpensive ink-jets, but I suppose
a laser, if not too expensive would be ok.

Thanks,
Gary