Old October 15th 06, 06:15 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tom Crooze

Default New Printer Reccomendation Wanted: Color & Quiet

"Gary" wrote in message
reenews.net...

I have an HP InkJet 5550 that I'm mostly happy with.

Only problem is that sometimes (like now) I wake up
in the middle of the night and work. And this thing makes
so much noise with the head going back and forth and the
paper handling, I feel like I'm waking-up the entire house.

Any decent color printers being made that are quiet.

I'd rather stick the the inexpensive ink-jets, but I suppose
a laser, if not too expensive would be ok.

Thanks,
Gary

My ip3000 ( and current models as well I would assume ) have the Quiet Mode
which can be customised
Always use Quiet Mode
Never use Quiet Mode
or set times for Quiet Mode operation
I can tell you that when it's operational....IT'S QUIET ALRIGHT!