Old January 21st 12, 09:00 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Bob F

Default Disappointing upgrade: Sempron 2200+ -- Phenom II 4X 840

geoff wrote:
In 1985, I had an IBM XT and used it to run an assembler for Motorola
6809 code. It took about 20 minutes to complete. A few years later,
my company bought us Compaq Deskpro 40 machines. BIGGGGGGGGG
DIFFERENCE! The assembler took about 30 seconds.

However, I've never experienced that kind of upgrade joy since.

My first computer was based on the intel 8008, made with hardware hauled out of
the dumpster where I worked. I then designed and wire-wrapped a processor board
for the 8080 chip. Now that was an increase!