Amazing 6600GT's

Old December 10th 04, 04:38 AM
Ed Light

Default Amazing 6600GT's

Many 6600GT's tested.

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2295&p=1

Issue: Many have heatsinks that can lose contact with the gpu if you
inadvertantly push on them or they are packed unoptimumly.

Overall winner: Leadtek. Quiet, cool, good overclocking, kind of secure
heatsink.
Most secure heatsink, quiet, cool running, worst overclocker: Galaxy.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Old December 10th 04, 06:21 AM
Tim

"Ed Light" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Many 6600GT's tested.

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2295&p=1

Issue: Many have heatsinks that can lose contact with the gpu if you
inadvertantly push on them or they are packed unoptimumly.

Overall winner: Leadtek. Quiet, cool, good overclocking, kind of secure
heatsink.
Most secure heatsink, quiet, cool running, worst overclocker: Galaxy.

Great review. Thanks Ed.

Old December 10th 04, 06:42 AM
First of One

And remember, LeadTek still has the best 2D analog filters, even though the
rest of the field has come a long way in this regard.

Old December 10th 04, 07:06 AM
Tim

"First of One" wrote in message
And remember, LeadTek still has the best 2D analog filters, even though
the
rest of the field has come a long way in this regard.

I heard about that fuzzy 2D output problem. When did the other companies
fix it, GeForce 2 or later?

Old December 10th 04, 02:09 PM
William

Thanks for the link. Some reason for concern on a lot of cards with the
adhesive issue. I was just about to jump in and get a Gigabyte. Also I did
not see whether the cards were AGP or PCI express or if it made a
difference. Maybe I read too fast :-)

Thanks again
Bill

Old December 10th 04, 02:27 PM
Courseyauto

Thanks for the link. Some reason for concern on a lot of cards with the
adhesive issue. I was just about to jump in and get a Gigabyte. Also I did

not see whether the cards were AGP or PCI express or if it made a
difference. Maybe I read too fast :-)

Thanks again
Bill

Didnt look at all the cards but the Gigabyte is a SLI PCI-E card with the PCB
connecting tab on the top of the card. DOUG
Old December 10th 04, 03:43 PM
Courseyauto

They are all PCI-E SLI cards.

Old December 10th 04, 05:32 PM
William

"Courseyauto" wrote in message
They are all PCI-E SLI cards.

Thanks for that. I must be blind :-)
Bill

Old December 11th 04, 12:47 AM
Ed Light

"First of One" wrote in message
And remember, LeadTek still has the best 2D analog filters, even though
the
rest of the field has come a long way in this regard.

What do you think of Gainward's? When theirs comes out, it will have VIVO.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\