Best way to clean retail audio CD

Old July 6th 11, 02:32 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Tony[_3_]

Default Best way to clean retail audio CD

Just save the songs as .wav files then burn them onto a blank cd as an audio
disk in disc at once format.

Jim wrote:

I have a few retail audio CD's and when played on hi-fi they skip a little
bit, I was wondering what would be a good way to repair this issue, I have
heard of all the old stuff like toothpaste but don't fancy that is there
something I could use in the home that would work for sure or maybe buy
something to get rid of what ever is causing the skipping

--
The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

manners

Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first day
on the job for potty mouth,

Bur-ring, i'll get this one: WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM JERK!!? We're here to help
you dickweed

I hate them both, With useless bogus bull**** you need at least *three*
fulltime jobs to afford either one of them

I'm a fulltime text *only* man on usenet now. The rest of the world downloads
the binary files not me i can't afford thousands of dollars a month

UBB = User based bullFROGGING

the realm of understandability

This sig file was compiled via my journeys through usenet

On 2011-07-06, Tony wrote:
Just save the songs as .wav files then burn them onto a blank cd as an audio
disk in disc at once format.

Won't help if the disk is already skipping. One needs a
for-one-reading-session repair before "saving".

I found that using some transparent hand lotion (I used aloe vera ;-)
to fill the scratches works wonders. (Of course, one should remove
all the excesses by wiping in radial direction. And just in case, I
was using an old CD drive in case the drops of lotion get in a bad
place... BTW, I got no problem afterwards.)

Ilya
Old July 9th 11, 11:44 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
davy

As said check the laser lens for dust build up.... *use only* a dry
cotton bud.

If it's the CDs, try them on another unit to make sure. If faulty follow
these links-: 'Use toothpaste'
(http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-re...hpaste-218847/)
and 'this link.' (http://lifehackery.com/2008/07/14/gadgetry/)

The information is written between the top label and the 'inner surface,
the label inner is silvered and acts as a reflector for the laser beam,
a scratch label could also impair the playability.

If ever cleaning a cd or DVD *do not use a circular motion*, this will
add more scratches!

It could also be a sign that the laser block requires replacement, the
item may be cheap or may be quite expensive to obtain, depending on the
model number.

davy