Setting up memory voltage in bios on Aspire E380?

Old August 15th 07, 12:29 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
MHF

Default Setting up memory voltage in bios on Aspire E380?

Does the bios Acer uses offer this option? I have been through this
bios and haven't seen anything resembling voltage settings for memory.
I am hoping I can run Crucial 6400 memory. I just ordered two gigs.

Regards

Mike

RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!This guy is the real deal here folks.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/

Help secure our borders.

https://secure.responseenterprises.c...temanhq/?a=856

Old August 15th 07, 04:04 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Dan Caron

MHF wrote:
Does the bios Acer uses offer this option? I have been through this
bios and haven't seen anything resembling voltage settings for memory.
I am hoping I can run Crucial 6400 memory. I just ordered two gigs.

Regards

Mike

RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!This guy is the real deal here folks.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/

Help secure our borders.

https://secure.responseenterprises.c...temanhq/?a=856

You won't find those settings in an OEM bios. The bios is "dumbed down"
so that computer neophytes can't destroy their computers with wrong
voltage settings, then go running back to the OEM wanting them to fix it
under warranty.