Gateway Solo Parts (Ribbon Cable)

Old August 9th 03, 11:44 AM

Default Gateway Solo Parts (Ribbon Cable)

Hi,

I've got a gateway solo which has a broken cable between the computer
and the power button/LED/etc. panel. It's a 20 conductor cable
measuring about 10mm across (bloody small). The cable is manufactored
by a mob called sumitomo - I've tried everywhere looking for someone
who can supply me with one of these cables, but nobody seems to want
to know me if I'm only buying 1. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
BoB
Old August 9th 03, 01:55 PM
Constantine

wrote in message
Hi,

I've got a gateway solo which has a broken cable between the computer
and the power button/LED/etc. panel. It's a 20 conductor cable
measuring about 10mm across (bloody small). The cable is manufactored
by a mob called sumitomo - I've tried everywhere looking for someone
who can supply me with one of these cables, but nobody seems to want
to know me if I'm only buying 1. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
BoB

Hello.

You can try Gateway Technical Support, but I doubt that they'll help you.
You can also have a look at http://www.mundocorp.com/tek9.asp. Email them
and you might be more lucky.

Friendly, Kostas.

Old August 11th 03, 04:17 PM
Wayne Tiffany

I repaired one once and it even worked when I got done! Seriously, with a
little time and patience, you could probably fix it. The one I had was
broken across 16 of the wires, so I dug a piece of ribbon cable out of the
junk(surplus) drawer and soldered it in. To assist in keeping everything
apart, I staggered all the joints.

WT