BIOS Settings?

Old May 17th 04, 06:19 PM
BobK

Default BIOS Settings?

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to get an older computer running Win98 to run properly. This is
an AMD 1.1 gig, 2 hard drives, cdrom, and zip250.

The CDROM was a SCSI and a guy changed it to an EIDE. Now the CDROM and ZIP
dirves are not showing in My Computer. Also, I was trying to get it to boot
from the CDROM in order to reinstall Windows.

I have been playing with the BIOS settings but only know half of what I am
doing.

Can someone tell me what I might try to get all drives showing: C, D, CDROM,
and Zip?

My current BIOS settings are below.

Thanks,

Bob

Boot Menu

1. ATAPI CDROM None
2. Removable Device Legacy Floppy
3. IDE Hard Drive IBM DJNA 37220
4. Other Boot Device Onboard ATA100 Boot/Scsi

Main Menu

Primary Master IBM DJNA 37220 Type Auto
Primary Slave None Type Auto
Secondary Master None Type Auto
Secondary Slave IOMEGA ZIP 250 Type Auto

Old May 17th 04, 06:26 PM
Wayne Morgan

Verify the jumpers on the CD and Zip. Set the CD as master and the Zip as
slave. They should work the other way around also, but I prefer it this way.
Once that is done, go into the IDE setup in the BIOS and set all devices for
Auto Detect. Save changes and reboot. They should all be visible now. If
not, start swapping cables, trying one drive at a time, etc. to find out
what the problem is.

--
Wayne Morgan

Old May 20th 04, 04:56 PM
ProfGene

The bios should have a boot sequence preference choice. You change the
choices usually with page up and page down. If you have this feature make
the cdrom the first choice and ide0 the second choice and have the Win98
cdrom in the drive when you save the settings so it will allow you to setup
Windows98 from the cdrom.

Old June 1st 04, 03:02 PM
syloo

HI!
I'm looking for IBM djna-372200.
I've got one which has a broken card and I want to try to replace it
to restore data which are stored on it...
It's very important!

Thank you to telle me if you know where I can buy this HDD.

Regards