What would you buy today?Intel Socket 478 or the newer Socket 775 Boards?

Old May 16th 05, 05:02 PM
Gerry Sowski

Default What would you buy today?Intel Socket 478 or the newer Socket 775 Boards?

Old May 16th 05, 08:54 PM
philo

from what i;ve read the newer 775 does not really improve performance...
but the 478's are going to be phased out i guess.

i suppose if you could find a socket 478 mobo and cpu at a good
price...it may not be a bad idea.

so to answer your question...guess i;d get an AMD

Old May 16th 05, 10:00 PM
RBM

I have several 478's which I like a lot. I have one 775 which runs great,
but I'm not crazy about the socket or the heat from the new prescotts. If I
had to choose right now I too would go with an AMD