A Computer hardware and components forum. ComputerBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » ComputerBanter.com forum » General Hardware & Peripherals » Cdr
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Sony 510A $30 Rebate



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old November 11th 03, 12:52 AM
jtfogarty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Sony 510A $30 Rebate

I recently purchased a Sony 510 DVD+/- RW+/-R from Best Buy. I mailed all
the $30 rebate information in to the Sony rebate center. Just received a
postcard back saying they could not honor my rebate. The reason ... because
I've already submitted the maximum number of rebate claims per household.
Bullsh*t ... I only purchased this one and submitted only one rebate.

Has anybody had a similar treatment from Sony?

I'm ****ed ... there were other players I could have purchased in the same
price range and quality, but I choose the Sony because of the added rebate
incentive.

I expected honesty more from Sony - I don't no why - but I did.

Tried to contact a service rep. (haha) at the number on the website (haha),
no answer at all.


  #2  
Old November 11th 03, 08:22 AM
Brian K
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Sony 510A $30 Rebate

On 11/10/2003 9:22 PM performed amanuensis:

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 19:52:02 -0500, "jtfogarty"
wrote:



I recently purchased a Sony 510 DVD+/- RW+/-R from Best Buy. I mailed all
the $30 rebate information in to the Sony rebate center. Just received a
postcard back saying they could not honor my rebate. The reason ... because
I've already submitted the maximum number of rebate claims per household.
Bullsh*t ... I only purchased this one and submitted only one rebate.

Has anybody had a similar treatment from Sony?

I'm ****ed ... there were other players I could have purchased in the same
price range and quality, but I choose the Sony because of the added rebate
incentive.

I expected honesty more from Sony - I don't no why - but I did.





Tried to contact a service rep. (haha) at the number on the website (haha),
no answer at all.



Keep trying. If you talk to them and the facts are as you say - it
might be a BIG hassle but eventually youll get the rebate.

Ive had to call like 3-5 times each time waiting online for ages on
the phone and contacting them numerous times AFTER I contacted two
Compusa reps who supposedly were at the store to take care of rebate
problems. They took all my info twice and then promptly did nothing. I
never saw them again . In fact after a few weeks I contacted them at
the store and a new person was there and took all my info again and
then nothing. I ended up - months later calling the rebate firm over
and over and over again and finally got it straightened out - that for
some Imation rebates 8 months or so ago.

Rebates can be great but you have to be prepared for such things -
keeping ALL your documents and documenting everything about the sale
and rebate and then be persistent. I think I went from maybe missing
5-8% of the rebates Ive applied for and fixing a few of those with
great effort - to maybe missing 20-30% overall with the numerous
rejections lately.

Unfortunately I grew complacent - didnt keep alot of the receipts
after a few months since I had receieved rebates fast in the past .
Best example was Fuji. I got 3 of them really fast so I thought they
were 100% dependable and I threwaway the two most recent rebate deal
docs after a while and ironically they both were the ones they claimed
they dont have any sign of receiving.

Youll almost always get it if you complain enough and have all the
docs. The thing is you never know when youll have a spate of
rejections and you have to decide whether its worth the possible
hassle.

Thats why I was glad to get the NEC 1300a which was $111 no rebates.




I bought a Sony CXR255A/U CD-R/W drive back in August. They jerked me
around since then telling me it was an invalid Serial number. After an
exchange of over 20 e-mails and finally me threatening to enlist the aid
of news media that does consumer fraud stories -- suddenly may invalid
Serial number became a valid Serial number, and I got an email informing
me that I should expect a check in the mail in 4 weeks time. I'll be
counting the days. If that check doesn't show up, then I'll unleash the
hounds!

Is the address of the rebate processing outfit in Florida? If it is
that's who I dealt with, perago.com. It would appear that the employees
of this rebate processor have either not provided proper training or
there is a deliberate directive from some source telling the front line
workers to discourage cash pay outs of rebate money.

If I had the time, I would gather information to see if there are enough
valid claims not paid out to mount a class action suit against Perago
and Sony Corp. USA. Any Erin Brakowitchs out there, who want to pick
this up and run with it?

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.
Brian M. Kochera
"Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once!"
View My Web Page:
http://home.earthlink.net/~brian1951


  #3  
Old November 11th 03, 08:22 AM
Brian K
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Sony 510A $30 Rebate

On 11/10/2003 9:22 PM performed amanuensis:

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 19:52:02 -0500, "jtfogarty"
wrote:



I recently purchased a Sony 510 DVD+/- RW+/-R from Best Buy. I mailed all
the $30 rebate information in to the Sony rebate center. Just received a
postcard back saying they could not honor my rebate. The reason ... because
I've already submitted the maximum number of rebate claims per household.
Bullsh*t ... I only purchased this one and submitted only one rebate.

Has anybody had a similar treatment from Sony?

I'm ****ed ... there were other players I could have purchased in the same
price range and quality, but I choose the Sony because of the added rebate
incentive.

I expected honesty more from Sony - I don't no why - but I did.





Tried to contact a service rep. (haha) at the number on the website (haha),
no answer at all.



Keep trying. If you talk to them and the facts are as you say - it
might be a BIG hassle but eventually youll get the rebate.

Ive had to call like 3-5 times each time waiting online for ages on
the phone and contacting them numerous times AFTER I contacted two
Compusa reps who supposedly were at the store to take care of rebate
problems. They took all my info twice and then promptly did nothing. I
never saw them again . In fact after a few weeks I contacted them at
the store and a new person was there and took all my info again and
then nothing. I ended up - months later calling the rebate firm over
and over and over again and finally got it straightened out - that for
some Imation rebates 8 months or so ago.

Rebates can be great but you have to be prepared for such things -
keeping ALL your documents and documenting everything about the sale
and rebate and then be persistent. I think I went from maybe missing
5-8% of the rebates Ive applied for and fixing a few of those with
great effort - to maybe missing 20-30% overall with the numerous
rejections lately.

Unfortunately I grew complacent - didnt keep alot of the receipts
after a few months since I had receieved rebates fast in the past .
Best example was Fuji. I got 3 of them really fast so I thought they
were 100% dependable and I threwaway the two most recent rebate deal
docs after a while and ironically they both were the ones they claimed
they dont have any sign of receiving.

Youll almost always get it if you complain enough and have all the
docs. The thing is you never know when youll have a spate of
rejections and you have to decide whether its worth the possible
hassle.

Thats why I was glad to get the NEC 1300a which was $111 no rebates.




I bought a Sony CXR255A/U CD-R/W drive back in August. They jerked me
around since then telling me it was an invalid Serial number. After an
exchange of over 20 e-mails and finally me threatening to enlist the aid
of news media that does consumer fraud stories -- suddenly may invalid
Serial number became a valid Serial number, and I got an email informing
me that I should expect a check in the mail in 4 weeks time. I'll be
counting the days. If that check doesn't show up, then I'll unleash the
hounds!

Is the address of the rebate processing outfit in Florida? If it is
that's who I dealt with, perago.com. It would appear that the employees
of this rebate processor have either not provided proper training or
there is a deliberate directive from some source telling the front line
workers to discourage cash pay outs of rebate money.

If I had the time, I would gather information to see if there are enough
valid claims not paid out to mount a class action suit against Perago
and Sony Corp. USA. Any Erin Brakowitchs out there, who want to pick
this up and run with it?

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.
Brian M. Kochera
"Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once!"
View My Web Page:
http://home.earthlink.net/~brian1951


  #4  
Old November 11th 03, 08:22 AM
Brian K
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Sony 510A $30 Rebate

On 11/10/2003 9:22 PM performed amanuensis:

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 19:52:02 -0500, "jtfogarty"
wrote:



I recently purchased a Sony 510 DVD+/- RW+/-R from Best Buy. I mailed all
the $30 rebate information in to the Sony rebate center. Just received a
postcard back saying they could not honor my rebate. The reason ... because
I've already submitted the maximum number of rebate claims per household.
Bullsh*t ... I only purchased this one and submitted only one rebate.

Has anybody had a similar treatment from Sony?

I'm ****ed ... there were other players I could have purchased in the same
price range and quality, but I choose the Sony because of the added rebate
incentive.

I expected honesty more from Sony - I don't no why - but I did.





Tried to contact a service rep. (haha) at the number on the website (haha),
no answer at all.



Keep trying. If you talk to them and the facts are as you say - it
might be a BIG hassle but eventually youll get the rebate.

Ive had to call like 3-5 times each time waiting online for ages on
the phone and contacting them numerous times AFTER I contacted two
Compusa reps who supposedly were at the store to take care of rebate
problems. They took all my info twice and then promptly did nothing. I
never saw them again . In fact after a few weeks I contacted them at
the store and a new person was there and took all my info again and
then nothing. I ended up - months later calling the rebate firm over
and over and over again and finally got it straightened out - that for
some Imation rebates 8 months or so ago.

Rebates can be great but you have to be prepared for such things -
keeping ALL your documents and documenting everything about the sale
and rebate and then be persistent. I think I went from maybe missing
5-8% of the rebates Ive applied for and fixing a few of those with
great effort - to maybe missing 20-30% overall with the numerous
rejections lately.

Unfortunately I grew complacent - didnt keep alot of the receipts
after a few months since I had receieved rebates fast in the past .
Best example was Fuji. I got 3 of them really fast so I thought they
were 100% dependable and I threwaway the two most recent rebate deal
docs after a while and ironically they both were the ones they claimed
they dont have any sign of receiving.

Youll almost always get it if you complain enough and have all the
docs. The thing is you never know when youll have a spate of
rejections and you have to decide whether its worth the possible
hassle.

Thats why I was glad to get the NEC 1300a which was $111 no rebates.




I bought a Sony CXR255A/U CD-R/W drive back in August. They jerked me
around since then telling me it was an invalid Serial number. After an
exchange of over 20 e-mails and finally me threatening to enlist the aid
of news media that does consumer fraud stories -- suddenly may invalid
Serial number became a valid Serial number, and I got an email informing
me that I should expect a check in the mail in 4 weeks time. I'll be
counting the days. If that check doesn't show up, then I'll unleash the
hounds!

Is the address of the rebate processing outfit in Florida? If it is
that's who I dealt with, perago.com. It would appear that the employees
of this rebate processor have either not provided proper training or
there is a deliberate directive from some source telling the front line
workers to discourage cash pay outs of rebate money.

If I had the time, I would gather information to see if there are enough
valid claims not paid out to mount a class action suit against Perago
and Sony Corp. USA. Any Erin Brakowitchs out there, who want to pick
this up and run with it?

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.
Brian M. Kochera
"Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once!"
View My Web Page:
http://home.earthlink.net/~brian1951


  #5  
Old November 11th 03, 01:07 PM
Enkidu
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Sony 510A $30 Rebate

jtfogarty wrote:
I recently purchased a Sony 510 DVD+/- RW+/-R from Best Buy. I mailed all
the $30 rebate information in to the Sony rebate center. Just received a
postcard back saying they could not honor my rebate. The reason ... because
I've already submitted the maximum number of rebate claims per household.
Bullsh*t ... I only purchased this one and submitted only one rebate.

Has anybody had a similar treatment from Sony?

I'm ****ed ... there were other players I could have purchased in the same
price range and quality, but I choose the Sony because of the added rebate
incentive.

I expected honesty more from Sony - I don't no why - but I did.

Tried to contact a service rep. (haha) at the number on the website (haha),
no answer at all.



Enlist the aid of Best Buy using the 1-800 number on your receipt.
They helped me squeeze my $30 rebate from Norcent.

Enkidu

  #6  
Old November 11th 03, 01:07 PM
Enkidu
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Sony 510A $30 Rebate

jtfogarty wrote:
I recently purchased a Sony 510 DVD+/- RW+/-R from Best Buy. I mailed all
the $30 rebate information in to the Sony rebate center. Just received a
postcard back saying they could not honor my rebate. The reason ... because
I've already submitted the maximum number of rebate claims per household.
Bullsh*t ... I only purchased this one and submitted only one rebate.

Has anybody had a similar treatment from Sony?

I'm ****ed ... there were other players I could have purchased in the same
price range and quality, but I choose the Sony because of the added rebate
incentive.

I expected honesty more from Sony - I don't no why - but I did.

Tried to contact a service rep. (haha) at the number on the website (haha),
no answer at all.



Enlist the aid of Best Buy using the 1-800 number on your receipt.
They helped me squeeze my $30 rebate from Norcent.

Enkidu

  #7  
Old November 11th 03, 01:07 PM
Enkidu
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Sony 510A $30 Rebate

jtfogarty wrote:
I recently purchased a Sony 510 DVD+/- RW+/-R from Best Buy. I mailed all
the $30 rebate information in to the Sony rebate center. Just received a
postcard back saying they could not honor my rebate. The reason ... because
I've already submitted the maximum number of rebate claims per household.
Bullsh*t ... I only purchased this one and submitted only one rebate.

Has anybody had a similar treatment from Sony?

I'm ****ed ... there were other players I could have purchased in the same
price range and quality, but I choose the Sony because of the added rebate
incentive.

I expected honesty more from Sony - I don't no why - but I did.

Tried to contact a service rep. (haha) at the number on the website (haha),
no answer at all.



Enlist the aid of Best Buy using the 1-800 number on your receipt.
They helped me squeeze my $30 rebate from Norcent.

Enkidu

  #8  
Old November 11th 03, 01:40 PM
TommyDale
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Sony 510A $30 Rebate

"jtfogarty" wrote in message ...
I recently purchased a Sony 510 DVD+/- RW+/-R from Best Buy. I mailed all
the $30 rebate information in to the Sony rebate center. Just received a
postcard back saying they could not honor my rebate. The reason ... because
I've already submitted the maximum number of rebate claims per household.
Bullsh*t ... I only purchased this one and submitted only one rebate.

Has anybody had a similar treatment from Sony?

I'm ****ed ... there were other players I could have purchased in the same
price range and quality, but I choose the Sony because of the added rebate
incentive.

I expected honesty more from Sony - I don't no why - but I did.

Tried to contact a service rep. (haha) at the number on the website (haha),
no answer at all.


Go make friends with a manager at Best Buy. I have found that some of
them will actually HELP customers. Best Buy, as the retailer, sold
the unit to you on the premise that you would receive the rebate. I
hope you kept copies of the receipt, UPS, etc. People should realize
that when the companies/retailers offer rebates, they should plan on
the rebate always being rejected on the first attempt. If the rebate
goes flawlessly (a miracle) then great. You'll get your rebate in 3
to 10 weeks. However, if you fail to make copies, kiss it off.
  #9  
Old November 11th 03, 01:40 PM
TommyDale
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Sony 510A $30 Rebate

"jtfogarty" wrote in message ...
I recently purchased a Sony 510 DVD+/- RW+/-R from Best Buy. I mailed all
the $30 rebate information in to the Sony rebate center. Just received a
postcard back saying they could not honor my rebate. The reason ... because
I've already submitted the maximum number of rebate claims per household.
Bullsh*t ... I only purchased this one and submitted only one rebate.

Has anybody had a similar treatment from Sony?

I'm ****ed ... there were other players I could have purchased in the same
price range and quality, but I choose the Sony because of the added rebate
incentive.

I expected honesty more from Sony - I don't no why - but I did.

Tried to contact a service rep. (haha) at the number on the website (haha),
no answer at all.


Go make friends with a manager at Best Buy. I have found that some of
them will actually HELP customers. Best Buy, as the retailer, sold
the unit to you on the premise that you would receive the rebate. I
hope you kept copies of the receipt, UPS, etc. People should realize
that when the companies/retailers offer rebates, they should plan on
the rebate always being rejected on the first attempt. If the rebate
goes flawlessly (a miracle) then great. You'll get your rebate in 3
to 10 weeks. However, if you fail to make copies, kiss it off.
  #10  
Old November 11th 03, 01:40 PM
TommyDale
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Sony 510A $30 Rebate

"jtfogarty" wrote in message ...
I recently purchased a Sony 510 DVD+/- RW+/-R from Best Buy. I mailed all
the $30 rebate information in to the Sony rebate center. Just received a
postcard back saying they could not honor my rebate. The reason ... because
I've already submitted the maximum number of rebate claims per household.
Bullsh*t ... I only purchased this one and submitted only one rebate.

Has anybody had a similar treatment from Sony?

I'm ****ed ... there were other players I could have purchased in the same
price range and quality, but I choose the Sony because of the added rebate
incentive.

I expected honesty more from Sony - I don't no why - but I did.

Tried to contact a service rep. (haha) at the number on the website (haha),
no answer at all.


Go make friends with a manager at Best Buy. I have found that some of
them will actually HELP customers. Best Buy, as the retailer, sold
the unit to you on the premise that you would receive the rebate. I
hope you kept copies of the receipt, UPS, etc. People should realize
that when the companies/retailers offer rebates, they should plan on
the rebate always being rejected on the first attempt. If the rebate
goes flawlessly (a miracle) then great. You'll get your rebate in 3
to 10 weeks. However, if you fail to make copies, kiss it off.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help with CPU upgrade for Sony PCV-R522DS P2B Asus Motherboards 4 August 26th 04 06:45 PM
Soyo VIA 600 board on sale this weekend at Newegg - its listed at $55 and but mentions a rebate $10 - net $45 (US buyers) [email protected] General 0 April 24th 04 04:56 PM
NX7000 DVD+RW (SONY DW-P50A) Problem in RW mode Nikola Petanjko Compaq Computers 0 January 23rd 04 11:52 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 ComputerBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.