Sony 510A $30 Rebate

Old November 12th 03, 11:01 PM
George Earl

Default Sony 510A $30 Rebate

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 19:52:02 -0500, "jtfogarty"
wrote:

I recently purchased a Sony 510 DVD+/- RW+/-R from Best Buy. I mailed all
the $30 rebate information in to the Sony rebate center. Just received a
postcard back saying they could not honor my rebate. The reason ... because
I've already submitted the maximum number of rebate claims per household.
Bullsh*t ... I only purchased this one and submitted only one rebate.

Has anybody had a similar treatment from Sony?

I'm ****ed ... there were other players I could have purchased in the same
price range and quality, but I choose the Sony because of the added rebate
incentive.

I expected honesty more from Sony - I don't no why - but I did.

Tried to contact a service rep. (haha) at the number on the website (haha),
no answer at all.

I recently suffered through an 8-month saga on a $50 rebate from
Belkin. They pulled every trick in the book till finally I got to a
manager and told him that I was sending my story and copies of all of
my records of our correspondence to PC Magazine, PC World, CNet,
InfoWorld, E-Week, etc. I had my check in 10 days after that last call
.. . . As someone else said, make copies of everything you send, take
notes on every call you make, dates, who you talked to, what they said
.. . . good luck . . .

George

Old November 13th 03, 01:49 AM
Paul