Instant CD/DVD out of business?

Old November 11th 03, 03:37 AM
louise

Default Instant CD/DVD out of business?

I've been using VOB Systems Instant CD/DVD for over a year.

I've used their packet writing without problems as long as
I format and then finalize the disk.

However, you can't see how much of the disk you're going to
use when you start to write to it and I decided to see if
there was an upgrade.

It seems they are no longer in business and I will need to
get new software to write to CDR and RW and well as DVDs.

Recommendations for the most reliable and straightforward
program?

TIA

Louise
--
Louise )
Old November 11th 03, 04:21 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey's supposed to have examples of misquotes! )

louise wrote:

I've been using VOB Systems Instant CD/DVD for over a year.

I've used their packet writing without problems as long as
I format and then finalize the disk.

However, you can't see how much of the disk you're going to
use when you start to write to it and I decided to see if
there was an upgrade.

It seems they are no longer in business and I will need to
get new software to write to CDR and RW and well as DVDs.

Recommendations for the most reliable and straightforward
program?

Pinnacle purchased VOB at the beginning of this year:
http://www.pinnaclesys.com/ProductPa...31&Langue_ID=7

Old November 11th 03, 07:34 AM
louise

I was under an impression that packet writing was the only road to
using a CD like a floppy. So, I thought I had to format before I
could copy files to it. Then, I wasn't an impression that I had to
finalize the disk if I wanted it to be able to be read by regular
CD or DVD drives which are not also writers.

Therefore, if I wanted to create a CD to be played in an automobile
for example, I had to use UDF and then finalize.

I get the impression from your posting that this is not accurate
and I would love to find an easier way because it is tedious to say
the least.

How does one copy data files to a CDR and have them be readable by
a non-writing player?

I was thinking of getting Nero rather than upgrading this and will
seriously consider it, particularly after your description of how
poorly the upgrade worked.

TIA

Louise

"A" wrote in message
louise wrote in
:

I've been using VOB Systems Instant CD/DVD for over a year.

I've used their packet writing without problems as long as
I format and then finalize the disk.

However, you can't see how much of the disk you're going to
use when you start to write to it and I decided to see if
there was an upgrade.

It seems they are no longer in business and I will need to
get new software to write to CDR and RW and well as DVDs.

Recommendations for the most reliable and straightforward
program?

Pinnacle bought it and still markets it.

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/ProductPa...roduct_ID=1431

I got Version 7 in a free-after-rebate deal and was astonished at

how bad
each feature of it was; it also caused some system instability

(Win98),
which cleared up after I uninstalled. But maybe if it's what

you're used
to you should stick with it... Though I don't see why you'd use

packet
writing if you are going to immediately finalize anyway.

It seems a great many people are happy with Nero--I know I am

(version 5.5,
haven't tried 6).