Uninstalling Direct CD

Old November 11th 03, 04:51 AM
Brendon Thompson

Default Uninstalling Direct CD

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 18:42:45 GMT, "Curtis Croulet"
wrote:

The uninstall instructions on the Plextor site don't work for me. The Windows
uninstall function freezes when I try to uninstall DirectCD and EZ CD Creator.
I can never get to fiddling with the registry, because the first part doesn't
work. I'd really like to get this c**p off my system.

Try Roxizap. Roxizap is at-
http://softwareupdates.roxio.com/gm/...ls/roxizap.exe

Old November 11th 03, 05:35 AM
Curtis Croulet

Thanks. I did finally get down into the mud to remove DirectCD and Easy CD
Creator, manually deleting the folders, shortcuts and registry entries.
--
Curtis Croulet
Temecula, California

Old November 11th 03, 11:37 PM
hlee

Thanks for the help! Ahh, my games still don't work. I heard that Direct CD
really gets embedded into the OS, not sure how, but it's deeper than the
registry and in folders.

Anybody know how to hack it??

"smh" wrote in message
. --------------------------------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

hlee wrote:

Hi, this is my first post here...I tried searching for this answer but
couldn't find any.

Anyway, I installed EZ Cd Creator 5.0 with Direct CD and now my games

such
as Raven Shield and Rogue Spear go into the BSOD during gameplay. I'm

using
some crack to make it think there's a CD in there. Anyway, I

uninstalled EZ
and Direct CD and my games still don't work. I heard that Direct CD is

the
culprit and it really buries itself within WinXP.

Does anybody know how to truly clean it out, I don't want a single trace

of
DirectCD on my system? Are there any websites that have instructions on

how
to do this? I've tried reinstalling my secondary IDE, DirectX 9.0, the
actual games, I even repaired WinXP and nothing worked. I'm stumped.

Please help! Thanks!

How do I cleanly uninstall / reinstall Easy CD Creator 5.xx in Windows
XP?
http://www.plextor.com/english/support/faqs/SW00018.htm

Follow the procedure in the above, and then use ROXIZAP:
http://softwareupdates.roxio.com/gm/...ls/roxizap.exe

Old November 11th 03, 11:37 PM
hlee

. --------------------------------------

Old November 11th 03, 11:37 PM
hlee

. --------------------------------------

Old November 12th 03, 03:25 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey's supposed to have examples of misquotes! )

hlee wrote:

Thanks for the help! Ahh, my games still don't work. I heard that Direct CD
really gets embedded into the OS, not sure how, but it's deeper than the
registry and in folders.

Anybody know how to hack it??

Check out (S11) of KCK's InCD troubleshoot guide:
http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=9572 (XP)