Bad burns with TY media

Old November 11th 03, 11:17 PM
S. Russell

Default Bad burns with TY media

"Dan G" wrote:

Indicates a problem in the encoding of the audio - before it was burned. I
would go back and have a good look at those audio files. If you're decoding
MP3 and burning at the same time, decode first, then burn.

I've been using foobar2000's decoder (or the integrated MAD decoder in
burnatonce) to make .wavs out of mp3s before burning them. I've checked the
..wavs and they're all fine.

Also, use Nero or
Furio for burning.
The C2 errors on the scan are probably in one single spike near the 56min
mark....am i right?

Yes! Although I have gotten C2 errors farther along in the disc in some burns,
the spike in C2s usually comes right around the 56 min. mark. Is there any way
I can prevent this from happening?

As it turns out, most of the audio burns that I made and thought were coasters
play on most CD players (except for a Marantz CD player that I have). To get
these TY bulk cdrs to play on the Marantz, I have to burn them at 12x in Nero
(NOT in burnatonce). According to Kprobe, I get C1/C2 errors on my audio
discs at about the same rate, if not a even a little lower, in Burnatonce
compared to Nero. But the Marantz will not play them. Anybody have any ideas
why this might be?

I've found that I get overall lower C1 rates when I burn data CDs at 32x or 40x
in Burnatonce (or in Alcohol 120%) instead of Nero. So, for the time being at
least, I'm going to burn data in Burnatonce and audio at a low speed in Nero.

Still, I'd like to figure out how to prevent the C2 "spikes" I've been getting
(I get them in clusters of 100-200). Any suggestions?

A url with the C1/C2 results of my burns will be forthcoming...

Seth

Old November 11th 03, 11:41 PM
Dan G

Yes! Although I have gotten C2 errors farther along in the disc in some
burns,
the spike in C2s usually comes right around the 56 min. mark. Is there any

way
I can prevent this from happening?

The 57min error spike is a reading glitch in that particular model of drive.
It does not represent any problem with the disc itself, and will not occur
on any other drive. Any C2 other than that single spike at 57 min should be
considered "real" C2.
It may just be that your Marantz does not like the TY discs. the only
solution would be to try a different media type.

Old November 12th 03, 12:32 AM
S. Russell

The 57min error spike is a reading glitch in that particular model of drive.
It does not represent any problem with the disc itself, and will not occur
on any other drive. Any C2 other than that single spike at 57 min should be
considered "real" C2.
It may just be that your Marantz does not like the TY discs. the only
solution would be to try a different media type.

Ok. Strange that it likes all of the different Fuji TYs
but not these unlabled TYs! Thanks for your help.

Old November 12th 03, 01:43 AM
Dan G

I haven't heard of any faked TY, but every once in a while even TY lets lose
with a few turds so they may just be flawed..

s.com...

When Good Discs Go Bad Ablang General 0 June 27th 04 03:47 AM
Is there any DVD9 burnners and DVD9 blank media yet? John McGaw General 3 June 25th 04 04:48 PM
Bad LTO-2 media Paul Galjan Storage & Hardrives 2 December 16th 03 05:00 PM