New cdrw and older computer

Old November 12th 03, 02:53 AM
Killie

Default New cdrw and older computer

Is there any foreseeable problems installing a new x52 burner to a
older system, P 233 running Win 98 SE with 64 mb ram. Will it still
work ?

Thanks

Killie

Drop in and say hello at www.killies.co.uk/forums/index.php
Always something going on at Killies Forums
New members always welcome .
Old November 12th 03, 03:23 AM
Dan G

should work fine, but the old motherboard will not likely supply data at a
52x rate. the biggest issues with the old boards are DMA status problems.

Old November 12th 03, 11:11 AM
Killie

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 02:53:48 +0000, Killie [email protected]
OBVIOUSkillies.co.uk wrote:

Is there any foreseeable problems installing a new x52 burner to a
older system, P 233 running Win 98 SE with 64 mb ram. Will it still
work ?

Thanks

Killie

Drop in and say hello at www.killies.co.uk/forums/index.php
Always something going on at Killies Forums
New members always welcome .

Thanks guys I think he can live with the speed factor, his old cd rom
which I think is the original with machine is soooo slow you'd think
it stopped. Thanks again.