TV tuner with a GPU

Old March 24th 10, 06:35 PM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit
mivpl[_2_]

Default TV tuner with a GPU

I was wondering if it would be posible to get a PCI TV tuner and install
it while using a regular GPU?
Would it mess anything up? (BTW I have a 7800GT so switching to an ATi
AIW isn't going to happen)

--
mivpl
Old April 10th 10, 06:28 AM
decklanstoddard decklanstoddard is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mivpl[_2_] View Post
I was wondering if it would be posible to get a PCI TV tuner and install
it while using a regular GPU?
Would it mess anything up? (BTW I have a 7800GT so switching to an ATi
AIW isn't going to happen)

--
mivpl
Yes,it is possible to installed the TV tuner in the regular GPU.I had done into the Win98.It is very easy to installed.
Another I have a Pinnacle PCTV DVB-T PCI running with my 7600GT (AGP version) and I've had no problems.
Old April 30th 10, 08:39 AM
polardjohn polardjohn is offline
Junior Member

There are many reasons for choosing a combination HDTV Tuner and Graphics Card. A single card alleviates much of the hassle when searching for the right components, but that's not the only benefit by far. With a single card, you won't spend as much, you'll be using less power,

ati tv tuner John Ati Videocards 0 November 5th 07 05:37 PM
had WinMCE and TV tuner, but decided to rebuild the OS using WinXP Pro -- now I'd like to have an operating TV tuner again albert Ati Videocards 6 December 16th 06 02:37 PM
What DTV tuner for PC? Nigel Molesworth Homebuilt PC's 1 November 2nd 06 10:48 AM
ATI TV Tuner 8.8 John Ati Videocards 2 May 3rd 05 08:50 PM
tv tuner marko General Hardware 1 February 6th 04 09:32 PM