motherboards

Old November 11th 05, 12:36 AM
john klosak

Default motherboards

I new to home building computers and I want to make a great gaming and
school computer for Windows XP. I am stuck on the motherboard. I want a
board that supports Intel Pentium 4(D) , SLI, and Intel HD audio. I have not
been able to locate such an item. any advise would be greatly appreciated

thanks

John Klosak

Old November 11th 05, 02:53 AM
Ruel Smith

john klosak wrote:

I new to home building computers and I want to make a great gaming and
school computer for Windows XP. I am stuck on the motherboard. I want a
board that supports Intel Pentium 4(D) , SLI, and Intel HD audio. I have
not been able to locate such an item. any advise would be greatly
appreciated

Would that be because Intel HD audio is available only on Intel chipsets and
SLI is available only on nVidia chipsets and you can't have both on the
same motherboard?

How about an onboard Creative SoundBlaster Live! 24 bit 7.1 audio chip
instead of the Intel HD audio?

http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p...amond&class=mb
Old November 11th 05, 05:56 AM
John Doe

"john klosak" wrote:

I new to home building computers and I want to make a great gaming
and school computer for Windows XP.

You are new to home building computers and you want to make a great
gaming and school computer? I guess the question is "how new are
you?"

Old November 11th 05, 07:04 PM
Marc

john klosak wrote:
I new to home building computers and I want to make a great gaming and
school computer for Windows XP. I am stuck on the motherboard. I want a
board that supports Intel Pentium 4(D) , SLI, and Intel HD audio. I have not
been able to locate such an item. any advise would be greatly appreciated

thanks

John Klosak

Why are you so sure you want an Intel? If you want a "great gaming
computer", AMD is probably a better choice, as almost all benchmarks
will tell you.

This may seem a fanboy post, but I just wondered...

Anyways, considering the fact that Intel and Nvidia both make chipsets,
it would make sense that there are no Intel chips on Nvidia boards (the
only boards with SLI yet), since Intel would sell less chipsets.

Marc

Old November 11th 05, 08:04 PM
dawg

Umm.What about the Asus Nforce 4 boards for Intel. Don't know if HD audio is
available but SLI certainly is. Read this spec.

Asus P5ND2-SLI ATX Motherboard, nVIDIA nForce4 SLI Intel Edition Chipset,
LGA775 Socket, 64Bit CPU Supported, Dual PCI Express 16x Slots support CLI
Technology, Fanless Design, Retail Box. Part#: P5ND2-SLI

Specifications:

nVIDIA nForce4 SLI Intel Edition Chipset
Intel LGA775 Socket
Support Intel Pentium 4 and Pentium D CPU
1066/800/533MHz FSB
Dual Channel DDR2 677
Dual PCI Express 16x Slots
nVIDIA SLI Technology Ready