How come RAM is taken away for video cards? Because of my videocard's VRAM?

Old February 13th 19, 06:25 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Shinnokxz[_2_]

Default How come RAM is taken away for video cards? Because of my videocard's VRAM?

That machine seems like a Frankenstein and there's no wonder it has strange cobwebs like that. I understand the reasoning people want to clench to the very last bit of OS they enjoyed, but Windows XP SP3 needs to be ditched yesterday quick and in a hurry- especially if you're running it on a system that is i7 first-gen capable.

My first question at the matter is what does Windows say is available in RAM, which does the BIOS say is available? What does DXDIAG say is allocated for video adapters, and what does the BIOS say?