HP Color Laser Jet 1600

Old June 1st 10, 03:26 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
HannaK

Default HP Color Laser Jet 1600

Anybody? Any suggestion?
Old June 2nd 10, 08:04 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony[_2_]

HannaK wrote:
Anybody? Any suggestion?

Hanna
This is not a cartridge problem since one of your cartridges works OK in
another printer.
There is an issue with this printer and some others that are similar with dust
getting on to the laser lenses, this appears to affect magenta (red) first
because the magenta lense is at the bottom of the laser array.
The problem is that the laser assembly needs to be removed so that the lenses
can be cleaned with compressed air or dry cotton swabs. This is a complicated
job and takes quite some time.
I cannot be sure this problem is what you are experiencing but I think it is.
There is an instruction for doing this work. Is your e-mail address valid, if
so I will send the instruction to you but whoever does the work will need to be
technically skilled to remove the laser assembly from the printer.
Tony

Old June 8th 10, 08:42 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
HannaK

Thanks Tony so much for your replay!
This mail is ok. I believe that this is the
problem but it started with a new cartridge.
Anyway- I will be glad to receive your instructions
It might work - if not I have to buy anyway a new one
but it won't be HP any more
Hanna
Old June 9th 10, 06:49 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony[_2_]

HannaK wrote:
Thanks Tony so much for your replay!
This mail is ok. I believe that this is the
problem but it started with a new cartridge.
Anyway- I will be glad to receive your instructions
It might work - if not I have to buy anyway a new one
but it won't be HP any more
Hanna

Hanna
The link that the other responder supplied is the same document that I have so
there is no need to send it to you.
Best of luck
Tony

Old June 12th 10, 03:21 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
HannaK

TONY you are a STAR!!!!
My son fixed it according your papers.
It works better then a new one!!!
I really thank you again for your help
and wish you all the best
Hanna
Old June 13th 10, 09:55 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony[_2_]

HannaK wrote:
TONY you are a STAR!!!!
My son fixed it according your papers.
It works better then a new one!!!
I really thank you again for your help
and wish you all the best
Hanna

I am delighted that it worked. Congratulations to your son, the procedure is a
little tricky but he is clearly careful and methodical. Interestingly this
procedure does not appear in the HP manuals but was developed by a very helpful
man named Don Thompson. The link was of course provided by someone other than
me.
Thank you.
Tony

Old November 26th 11, 05:15 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
billtreas[_2_]

Default HP Color Laser Jet 1600 red cartridge problem

Tony;1220034 Wrote:
HannaK wrote:
Thanks Tony so much for your replay!
This mail is ok. I believe that this is the
problem but it started with a new cartridge.
Anyway- I will be glad to receive your instructions
It might work - if not I have to buy anyway a new one
but it won't be HP any more
Hanna

Hanna
The link that the other responder supplied is the same document that I
have so
there is no need to send it to you.
Best of luck
Tony

I also had the same problem but on completion of the cleaning and after
careful re-assembly I get the message Door Open and I cannot print
anything can you suggest anything?

Old November 29th 11, 06:11 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Rob[_16_]

On 27/11/2011 3:15 AM, billtreas wrote:
Tony;1220034 Wrote:
wrote:
Thanks Tony so much for your replay!
This mail is ok. I believe that this is the
problem but it started with a new cartridge.
Anyway- I will be glad to receive your instructions
It might work - if not I have to buy anyway a new one
but it won't be HP any more
Hanna

Hanna
The link that the other responder supplied is the same document that I
have so
there is no need to send it to you.
Best of luck
Tony

I also had the same problem but on completion of the cleaning and after
careful re-assembly I get the message Door Open and I cannot print
anything can you suggest anything?

Just picked up on this thread as I have this same engine in my HP.

Could some one please post the article please as its not available on
any of the news groups.

Thanks
Old September 6th 17, 04:16 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On Wednesday, June 2, 2010 at 2:04:24 AM UTC-5, Tony wrote:
HannaK wrote:
[...]

Tony, I work for a school and they have the link block on how to fix the red printing problem. Can you please send me the PDF file to my school email?

thank you so much