Samsung V25 memory upgrade

Old February 20th 05, 10:39 AM
Bobby

Default Samsung V25 memory upgrade

I want to upgrade the memory on my wife's laptop (Samsung V25) from 256Mb to
512Mb.

I think that it uses SODIMM 133, non-parity memory? Is that correct? Is that
simply "laptop 133 memory"? Do I need to buy Samsung memory or will generic
stuff work?

Has anyone upgraded this laptop? Is it straight-forward? Is there a website
I could refer to to help me carry out the upgrade?

Cheers.

Bobby

Old February 20th 05, 11:26 AM
Jeff Gaines

On 20/02/2005 Bobby wrote:

I want to upgrade the memory on my wife's laptop (Samsung V25) from
256Mb to 512Mb.

I think that it uses SODIMM 133, non-parity memory? Is that correct?
Is that simply "laptop 133 memory"? Do I need to buy Samsung memory
or will generic stuff work?

Has anyone upgraded this laptop? Is it straight-forward? Is there a
website I could refer to to help me carry out the upgrade?

If you go to www.crucial.com/uk there is an excellent memory finder
that you can put the make/model of laptop in and it will tell you which
memory is guaranteed to work. Their servie is excellent as well.

I haven't done a memory u/g on this model but I have on a generic (FIC)
laptop, it involved unscrewing a small flap on the underside and just
slotting the memory in.

--
Jeff Gaines
Old February 20th 05, 02:38 PM
TheDragon

If its anything like the V30, there is no flap. Its under the keyboard.
Underneath there's a screw marked keyboard, open this, then the board pops
up. Under there are the memory slots.

Old February 20th 05, 07:54 PM
Bobby

Cheers. That worked fine. Although the keyboard needed a little prising
before it came out.

Otherwise very simple to do.