CPU MB upgrade

Old February 22nd 07, 07:14 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
joe

Default CPU MB upgrade

I have an Athlon XP 2600 and FIC KT400A mother board, 1GB ram. I was
looking at upgrading to something faster as the Athlon 64's have dropped
in price.
I can get an Athlon 64 3700+ and Gigabyte GA-K8NF9 mother board for $125
I see 2 versions of the Athlon 64 one is Athlon 64 3700+ 90nm Rev E and
the other is Athlon 64 3700+. What is the difference and is it worth
while to upgrade at this time. I have a Radeon 9800 Pro video card and I
dont play games much. 1 GB of DDR ram.

Comments

Thank you

Old February 25th 07, 02:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Lenny_Nero

joe said

I have an Athlon XP 2600 and FIC KT400A mother board, 1GB ram. I was
looking at upgrading to something faster as the Athlon 64's have dropped
in price.
I can get an Athlon 64 3700+ and Gigabyte GA-K8NF9 mother board for $125
I see 2 versions of the Athlon 64 one is Athlon 64 3700+ 90nm Rev E and
the other is Athlon 64 3700+. What is the difference and is it worth
while to upgrade at this time. I have a Radeon 9800 Pro video card and I
dont play games much. 1 GB of DDR ram.

Comments

Thank you

From the sound of what you write they are the same... 64 3700+.

See what type the board needs, I just jumped from the XP2600 (which I
still use) to a 4200 x2.

L.

--
Want to help to keep the best free usenet servers running ?
http://www.readfreenews.com