DELL upgrade with Kingston Value RAM - will it work properly

Old January 31st 04, 09:29 AM
stromer

Default DELL upgrade with Kingston Value RAM - will it work properly

I just got a new Dell 2400, 2.2 GHZ P4. It came with 128 MB PC 2700
RAM. I want to upgrade to 384 or 512 MB.
It seems there is a wide variance in prices of RAM at the various
computer stores(Best Buy, CompUSA, etc) because of various rebates.
Currently there is a sale on Kingston Value Ram KVR333/256R for $25.
The Kingston web site says there is another RAM for this Dell and this
generic RAM may not work with the Intel 845GV. Other RAM costs from
about $50 - $80 for the 256 MB.
Q1: Will this lower cost RAM work with my DELL?
Q2: Are there quality issues with different RAM Mfgs, i.e. could some
RAM work better than others?
Q3: If this value RAM worked, would it work as well as any other RAM
- even the one recommended by Kingston?
Q4: I have not done Memtest 86 yet, would that test tell me if the
RAM was fully working?
Q5: Can RAM partially work, i.e., could only 128MB of 256MB be
working?
Q6: If I mix PC 2100 and PC 2700 in the two slots, will they both
work at their respective speed, or will the PC 2700 work at the
downgraded speed of PC2100?

Thanks for any advice on the above,
Rick

Cisco News Ya'll MemoryDealers General 0 April 21st 04 04:14 PM
Michael Dell's Graceful Exit Gus Dell Computers 30 March 20th 04 12:08 AM
Not Dell? So whom else to buy from? Suggestions PLEASE... Nice Again Dell Computers 28 March 4th 04 02:45 PM
Mobo Upgrade of Dell 4550 Ayoros Dell Computers 0 February 28th 04 07:46 PM
Dell and AMD (was IBM White Paper on Opteron) Felger Carbon General 24 November 8th 03 01:29 AM