Prime95

Old January 9th 05, 09:15 PM
MikeJohnes

Default Prime95

Hello.
I don't know whether this is the correct group to post to.
But I decided to use the 'torture test' of the program Prime95 to test the
stability of a computer but it doesn't get past the first test. It doesn't
fail. It just doesn't do anything. It says it's working through Test 1 but
it never moves on to Test 2 even after several hours.
I tried the 3 different types of torture test and it never moves on.

When I tried to run the test on another computer it only takes a few mins to
complete the first test, then a few seconds to complete each of the others.
By searching the internet and usegroups I found that this is what is meant
to happen and seems to be everyone elses experience.

Does anyone know how I can get this program to work on this computer.
The specs a-
Pentium 4 2.6Ghz
1500MB Ram
ATI Radeon 9800Pro
WinXP Home SP2
Thanks

Old January 9th 05, 09:30 PM
kony

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 21:15:45 -0000, "MikeJohnes"
wrote:

[...]

Seems most likely to be crashing it. Try underclocking the
system then rerunning prime95.
Old January 9th 05, 11:57 PM
Shep©

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 21:15:45 -0000 Not alowing their prejudice to rule
their future "MikeJohnes" wrote :

[...]

Is your system stable?

--
Free Windows/PC help,
remove obvious to reply
Old January 10th 05, 01:02 PM
MikeJohnes

"Shep©" wrote in message
[...]

Yes it is.
I've found the solution. You need to lower the amount of memory to around a
quarter of the total. Then it will complete the tests in a sensible amount
of time