K8NS Pro: Problem with drives into programs

Old June 7th 05, 05:27 PM
Thomas Wohlgemuth

Default K8NS Pro: Problem with drives into programs

Hello

I had installed a K8NS Pro and completely new installation of XP Prof SP2.
When I use exp.Copyscanner, MP3 Ripper or DVD Ripper I have a problem.
My drives will be not shown or named by unreadable characters for the
drive names. It often happen when I use ASPI driver but not allways on all
programs.

It is RAID Board but I donŽt use RAID. I use it to connect 7 EIDE devices (4
harddiscs
and 3 CDŽ/DVD drives).

Did anybody know what is the problem?
Newest version of board drivers (including RAID controller driver) be
installed.
ASPI drivers newest version from Adaptec.

THX
Thomas

Old June 8th 05, 01:30 PM
Mercury

Sounds like its the s/w you are using. I have seen these types of problems
before particulayly wit "Gear ASPI" and GearSec.

Look for updates.