A7v 333 CPU choices?

Old April 13th 07, 09:16 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
HaGGar

Default A7v 333 CPU choices?

I have a 2000+ is there anything bigger that this board will take?

Old April 13th 07, 09:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Paul

HaGGar wrote:
I have a 2000+ is there anything bigger that this board will take?

Did you consult the A7V333 table here ?

http://support.asus.com.tw/cpusuppor...=en-us&cache=1

The table lists two different revisions for the motherboard. I think
one of those motherboard revisions has a different Northbridge than
the other one. It is possible the second motherboard box had
a "FSB333" sticker pasted on the box. I expect that is why the
revision 2 motherboard has more processor options than the
first motherboard.

Paul
Old April 13th 07, 09:39 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
HaGGar

Hi Paul..

I was looking there, the board is a revision 2.01, so I think what I am
seeing is that a 3000+ Barton will work.

Old April 13th 07, 10:38 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Paul

HaGGar wrote:
Hi Paul..

I was looking there, the board is a revision 2.01, so I think what I am
seeing is that a 3000+ Barton will work.

If you can find one for a decent price. An alternative might be to
use an AthlonXP-M mobile processor, as the multiplier was unlocked
on those. But then, you would have to go and look up how well the
A7V333 deals with Mobile processors. (Without support, you could end
up with the Mobile only running at 600-700MHz or so.)

A better upgrade strategy, might be to get one of these, and find
an S939 motherboard to use it with. The combined package price might
be less than finding a processor for your motherboard. Since this is
OEM, you need to find an S939 CPU cooler for it.

AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego 2.4GHz S939 OEM

This motherboard has an AGP slot and takes an S939 processor, but
only two RAM slots:

MSI K8T NEO2-F V2.0 K8T800 Pro Socket 939
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...uctCode=249642

HTH,
Paul

CPU Choices ET Asus Motherboards 5 August 19th 06 07:55 PM
P4PE - Getting the most of CPU choices [email protected] Asus Motherboards 8 December 3rd 05 12:41 PM
LCD choices for CAD Jimmy General 0 September 3rd 05 02:42 PM
Choices choices choices........ Rob G Ati Videocards 2 June 29th 05 04:35 AM
Upgrade choices ? jasper Homebuilt PC's 4 April 22nd 05 09:28 PM