Cheap Replacement Fan for AIW 9000?

Old April 5th 05, 05:40 PM
No Spam

Default Cheap Replacement Fan for AIW 9000?

The fan on my AIW-9000 is howling like a dog in heat :-). Any ideas
where I can get a cheap replacement? I really don't want to drop much
money on such an old, slow card.

Thanks~
Old April 5th 05, 08:04 PM
Paul Murphy

Surely its still under warranty in which case ATI should replace a defective
fan for free - they did so with my 4 year old AIW Radeon (Original)
recently. Now its more like a purring kitten.

Paul

Old April 5th 05, 08:47 PM
No Spam

"No Spam" wrote in message

The fan on my AIW-9000 is howling like a dog in heat :-). Any ideas where
I can get a cheap replacement? I really don't want to drop much money on
such an old, slow card.

Thanks~

Did they just send you a new fan...or did you have to return your entire
card to them?

Thanks~
Old April 5th 05, 09:00 PM
Paul Murphy

"No Spam" wrote in message

The fan on my AIW-9000 is howling like a dog in heat :-). Any ideas
where I can get a cheap replacement? I really don't want to drop much
money on such an old, slow card.

Thanks~

Did they just send you a new fan...or did you have to return your entire
card to them?

Thanks~

A new heatsink with fan screwed onto it. I had to prove that it was for a
registered retail ATI built card first though. The RMA instructions I
received directed me to return only the defective item. I was glad to oblige
by removing the fan and sending only that (I know they meant the complete
card but I saw no point of costing them extra in postage). They did get back
to me saying they hadn't yet received my card but I explained I'd sent just
the defective fan IAW instructions. Is it a retail built by ATI card you
have?

Paul