how to tell if an external DVD drive SATA or IDE?

Old January 12th 11, 12:50 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
cpliu

Default how to tell if an external DVD drive SATA or IDE?

I have a Philips spd3600cc that I'd like to find out if it's SATA. I
can't from its properties. So can I find out that information?

Thanks,
Old January 12th 11, 09:48 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Mike S.

In article ,
cpliu wrote:
I have a Philips spd3600cc that I'd like to find out if it's SATA. I
can't from its properties. So can I find out that information?

Thanks,

This is a rebadged Lite-On drive. AFAIK the external Lite-On drives of
that vintage were all IDE mechanisms.

How does the drive identify itself (model number and firmware rev) to your
burning software?

Old January 13th 11, 01:16 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Monty[_3_]

On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 04:50:03 -0800 (PST), cpliu
wrote:

I have a Philips spd3600cc that I'd like to find out if it's SATA. I
can't from its properties. So can I find out that information?

Hi,

You might try SIW (System Information for Windows). You can get it at
www.gtopala.com

After installation, drill down to the Hardware section and then select
Storage Devices
Old January 16th 11, 04:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
cpliu

Thank you all for the help. It's IDE as Mike indicated.