sound card pecking order???

Old September 4th 04, 08:31 PM
Mal B

Default sound card pecking order???

my lad wants a soundcard for his pc - pci slot. I know that Creative WERE
good in the past. He wants it for 2.1 speakers and also wants to be able to
plug headphones in. He says that it HAS to be midi

any ideas on the pecking order for pci soundcards - there are about 40 on
E-Bay and I don't know which is better than other.
Conversely - have any of you folks got a decent soundcard to sell???

TIA

Old April 23rd 05, 07:41 AM
Sodium

"Mal B" wrote in message
my lad wants a soundcard for his pc - pci slot. I know that Creative WERE
good in the past. He wants it for 2.1 speakers and also wants to be able

plug headphones in. He says that it HAS to be midi

any ideas on the pecking order for pci soundcards - there are about 40 on
E-Bay and I don't know which is better than other.
Conversely - have any of you folks got a decent soundcard to sell???

TIA

Audigy2 OEM can be had for cheap and is good. Yes, it does Midi, as do all
contemporary soundcards.